Page 25 of 38 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: For those who understand spanish (Dr. Vaquero)

Quote Originally Posted by void View Post
    Then I think you got unreasonable expectations considering timelines. Is there any treatment that have shown any improvements to be expected sooner than 2020? But yeah, 4 years is a long time...
    I will be 62 in 2020 and 41 years post-SCI. i have been in a wheelchair longer than some members have been alive. I have come to grips a long time ago, that a meaningful treatment will not be available anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by void View Post
    Then I think you got unreasonable expectations considering timelines. Is there any treatment that have shown any improvements to be expected sooner than 2020? But yeah, 4 years is a long time...

Will there be any coverage in any english speaking media? A bit easier to spread then.

You don't believe other regenerative therapies will already be available before 2020?...maybe I was blissfully naive? I hope not
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Quote Originally Posted by KIM View Post

Full English text inc pics and videos is at http://www.celltherapyjournal.org/article/S1465-3249(16)30377-2/fulltext#s0050

Impressive results for MSC stem cells with gains made up to 12 months after microinjection.

Hoping to have them all running before year ends.
    Now that the Phase l/ll with the 12 patients is completed, please let us know when the next trial phase is started.

Quote Originally Posted by lunasicc42 View Post
    You don't believe other regenerative therapies will already be available before 2020?...maybe I was blissfully naive? I hope not
    Other than epidural stim? No. At least here in Europe.
    -Ramps in buildings are necessary, but it would be usefull to have another ones for people (mind/heart).....

-Hoc non pereo habebo fortior me

Se te ve enterado.

Se te ve enterado.
    There is no other research here in Europe that can reach market/hospitals before 2020, is a fact.
    -Ramps in buildings are necessary, but it would be usefull to have another ones for people (mind/heart).....

-Hoc non pereo habebo fortior me

I'm worried that even if this treatment or others gets through all the approval phases, there will still be a major hurdle to over come. And that is; Who and how will it be paid for? Are insurance, medicare, or other just going to start dropping $150k per person for thousands upon thousands of persons?

Quote Originally Posted by Barrington314mx View Post
    I'm worried that even if this treatment or others gets through all the approval phases, there will still be a major hurdle to over come. And that is; Who and how will it be paid for? Are insurance, medicare, or other just going to start dropping $150k per person for thousands upon thousands of persons?
    I know what you mean, but money isn't the only issue.
    Are there enough doctors & physio's available to treat everyone?
    Imagine there was a cure it would take years and years and years to go through fixing everyone.
    So sad to think there is a cure but you can't get it.

Its a moot point though, when there is a fix someone can work on making it cheaper and faster to deliver.