Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Travel cushion

Travel cushion

Has anyone used those travel cushions like the Skwoosh, Roho Pack It, Gelco G seat or one of those self inflated air cushions (some as low as 10 bucks, almost disposable after a trip).

I am taking a trip that will require me being most of the time out of my wheelchair in plane, car and scooter seats. I use a large 4" wheelchair cushion that cannot be used for this purpose, and cannot take another large one. MIt has to be one that carries small and that actually helps in pressure relief.

If you have used one, let me know what you think. Other travel cushions or ideas?
    T6 complete (or so I think), SCI since September 21, 2003

Paramoto, I tried a gelco g seat save your$$$ it sounded great but is to hard & gets "lumpy " feeling my wife & I recently took a plane trip I bought a memory foam pillow ($20 target) & cut it down to just fit my butt and put it in a cover with straps to make it easy to carry worked great but everyones needs are not equal I realize.

I use a Roho Packit in my car, on my handcycle and on planes. But I have good sensation and a fair amount of mobility. If you don't, I'd worry about the small size of the Packit.

I decided to buy the Skwoosh wheelchair cushion. 3/4 inch of gel plus a little foam, folds in half. I am affraid it may not do much, but I hope it is better than sitting on a coach plane seat. I don´t have mobility or sensation, but I have traveled extensively on trips up to 3 hours (plus in and out wait) without a problem, but this time it will be a little longer, so I decided to buy the Skwoosh. I considered the Pack it, but it is small and from what I read takes up a bit of room.

Just curious as to what model of skwoosh cushion you went with? I'm currently looking for a travel solution as well. How do you like it so far?

I'm using hand made cushion by recycling the old memory foam. And it works the wonder!

dogs t

I bought the Skwoosh Wheelchair cushion, a little bigger but went for more protection. I have not received it yet. It will be brought down to me next week. I plan to use it for plane/car travel mostly, for my wheelchair I use the stimulite.

Quote Originally Posted by K-dog View Post
    Just curious as to what model of skwoosh cushion you went with? I'm currently looking for a travel solution as well. How do you like it so far?

paramoto,

Regarding "... has to be one that ... actually helps in pressure relief ... Other travel cushions or ideas?" -

Since you mention that "... for my wheelchair I use the stimulite ..." you may want to consider the Stimulite Smart cushion which is approximately half the thickness, half the weight, and probably $100 less expensive than the 4 inch cushion that you regularly use in your wheelchair.

I am really seriously looking into this.

My roho -mid profile get too hard. Maybe I should just bring a pump and re pump after letting air out in flight?

http://www.amazon.com/Wondergel-Orig...ref=pd_sbs_a_5

this one is expensive and not compact enough to fit in my duffle.

ugh. what to do. I have another 3 cross country flights coming up. and last one was hell with roho keeping me up too high in seat due to in flight pressure.
    Last edited by sherocksandsherolls; 01-18-2013 at 07:44 PM.
    "The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” ~Carlos Castaneda

I just remembered I had been "gifted" this years ago from ROHO - I used to rep them) and it was in storage!!! YEAH!!!

http://www.amazon.com/Roho-Cushion-r...2&keywords=ltv

it feels great...and will be testing it out soon!

Love you ROHO!!!

(I use a mid profile now for chair fyi.)
    "The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” ~Carlos Castaneda