Thread: Breast Discharge in nonlactating female!!!Help!

Breast Discharge in nonlactating female!!!Help!

I was having intercourse with my husband and I climaxed. My husband had my breast in his mouth. He said I discharged a metalic tasting substance in his mouth. I have breast feed and stopped 2 years ago. However I am still able to produce a discharge when I squeeze my breast...any thoughts?

I agree that you should talk to your OB/GYN, but just so you don't panic too much, I could also squeeze out discharge years ago and a mammogram would do the same with the intense pressure. Nothing was wrong, but it's always good to make sure.

I had milk like that between my second and my third child and that was 10 years so it doesn't have to be bad. But better take a mammographia to be sure.
    TH 12, 43 years post

Some medications for SCI pain that fall into the antidepressant/ seizure med can cause breast discharge for both men and women. Start by looking at your medications.
    Every day I wake up is a good one

I'm not on any sci meds-- only tramadol for pain.
    I've never been pregnant and I wasn't on birth control either.
    Last month-- same thing happened to me & my boyfriend.
    I went to my doctor about it-- it started happening right before my last period.
    My doctor told me that there's a small chance it may be related to my sci-- but it's weird that it would start 7 years after.
    I got an ultrasound of my breasts-- normal.
    Now I'm waiting on my blood test results to see if my prolactin levels are elevated-- I may have a pituitary issue. But that meds can fix that.
    Tell your dr. I'll keep you posted about my answer.
    I just started a progestin only bc & the lactating seems to be lessening. It never happened spontaneously.

Prolactin levels being off can cause it but, as you say, not spontaneously.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Check your thyroid.
    That damn thing is responsible for everything.
    Happened to me, got my meds straight and its better. Its actually one way I can tell its off.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.