Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ideas for first Tattoo

Quote Originally Posted by SuprSi View Post
    Hello!

Since I pretty much shouldn't be here posting right now, I think it's time to get a tattoo... except I have no idea what I want! I want it to be meaningful so I won't get one just because I think it'd be 'cool'. So nothing tribal!

My bike didn't burst into flames, so my very unoriginal idea of a phoenix is out the window.. Dad's just finished rebuilding it actually and it looks like brand new! Just waiting on nice weather for it's test ride.

As far as placement goes, I'm very proud of my arms/shoulders, so I'd like to get a tat on my upper arm or shoulder blade.

If you've got any tats it'd be cool to have a look if you don't mind posting a picture. I think I might try and find a decent tattoo artist and have a talk, see if they have any thoughts.

Your input will be much appreciated

Cheers, Si.
    Oh man you have to check out Tiny Miss Becca - http://www.facebook.com/Jaynedoetattoo

I had the pleasure of meeting her at the convention in Montreal last September. She is phenomenal. I promised if I make it to the Paralympics this year that I would book some time with her.. I don't know the UK at all, but wherever you are she's worth the trip ( and wait time )

The bird tattoo that is currently the profile pic of that page is simply awesome, I saw it in person and the detail is unbelievable, especially the eye.

Find some time to talk with her and bounce some ideas around. You will not be disappointed.

As far as placement goes - don't put something small(ish) on a prime piece of real estate like your forearm. Trust me, once you start getting tattooed you won't want to stop, so save prominent areas for large pieces.

Btw, there's a thread for Tatts here - http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthread.php?t=128930

speaking of which I go today to add on to a half-chest piece I have yet to post.. And my right forearm sleeve is completely lined, probably another 13 hour of color to go. ]
    Last edited by tooley; 01-30-2012 at 06:00 AM.

Blog Entries
    It's times like this I realize I'm getting old. I just can't imagine paying someone to poke holes in my body.
    Tom

"Blessed are the pessimists, for they hath made backups." Exasperated 20:12

Quote Originally Posted by SuprSi View Post
    Scott - That's a cool idea, very personal to you though. If you decide to get it done it'll look great! Thanks

Brucec - Thanks for the advice, I'll take my time thinking about it, I'm only planning on getting 1 or 2 so it has to be meaningful. What tattoos do you have? Cheers
    a skull with rebel hat wrapped in flag
    a dreamcatcher
    a cross
    a WTF
    and maybe one more
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

This one is my next one...it has significant meaning to me. Of course, it will be the butterfly and the words. I took this picture so that is my inspiration.
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by TomRL View Post
    It's times like this I realize I'm getting old. I just can't imagine paying someone to poke holes in my body.
    I think intelligence plays a role too. lol. I got my collarbone tortured today for 2.5 hours and was hating life. And that's factoring in 17.5mg of oxycodone. After my forearm gets done I'm taking a break.. At least a month til I get the urge to desecrate my body again.