Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Round Betty Dino vs. Spinergy LX?

When you order tires do they come with tubes? Or do you have to buy those in addition? Also, the other day I was reading that Right Runs say they can be used with standard tubes, so if I got them I could use my current tubes from my grey everyday tires?

Why do none of the wheel options offer purple?! Purple is an option for anodizing, such as aluminum FLSRs. They need to offer purple wheels/spokes to match! Oh well, since I can't afford nice wheels I'm spray painting my spokes purple for now
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Lin View Post
    Why do none of the wheel options offer purple?!

Quote Originally Posted by t8burst View Post
    I am thinking about going for an all welded chair, hook me up with one of those oracing chairs and I will say great things about them...
    I don`t think i would have to do it for speak great things about them, just have a look at their impact guards and you can imaginate what is behing, that is only done in expensive sport cars wheels.

Tooley, nice! Theyre so much more expensive though. and not being as common as spinergy, I doubt I'll run into any used ones on ebay

i figure if when I'm ready I find a good set on ebay, I can buy what color spokes I want (separately) and still be cheaper than new ones.
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

Quote Originally Posted by DaleB View Post
    Call me 'old school', but I'm a fan of the LX.
    Call me 'older school', but I'm a fan of SPOX.

Quote Originally Posted by totoL1 View Post
    I don`t think i would have to do it for speak great things about them, just have a look at their impact guards and you can imaginate what is behing, that is only done in expensive sport cars wheels.
    Wow, that is nice. The TiLite impact guards are crap. I went through 3 sets before I got tired of spending over a hundred bucks on something that only lasts 3 or 4 months.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI_OTR View Post
    Call me 'older school', but I'm a fan of SPOX.
    Agreed, that one is much better than the lx, yes a bit heavier and not as cooler because has more spokes, but better, i`m a fan of the spox specially the spox sport with 24 spokes, among others of course.

Quote Originally Posted by t8burst View Post
    Wow, that is nice. The TiLite impact guards are crap. I went through 3 sets before I got tired of spending over a hundred bucks on something that only lasts 3 or 4 months.

I gave up on OEM impact guards. I've started using Lizard Skinz super jumbo chain stay protectors. $8 each, come in a variety of colors, Velcro closure, 1/8" neoprene. Super jumbo fits the 1.375" tube on my chair perfectly, when stretched to the max. I think they'd fit 1.25" TiLite just right. They may not last much longer than OEM, but for $8 they are perfect, IMO.

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

Quote Originally Posted by Wills77 View Post
    Thanks for all the good help every body! I would be lost without this site and everybody on here. I just ordered Dinos black hub/red spokes with marathon plus evolution tires.
    after seeing the pictures of stephans wheels i decided to add some color to mine.

Will they come with the tires already mounted on the rims. What about tubes? i noticed the order form for lx's have a option for thorn resistant tubes but the dinos didnt say anything about tubes.

Thanks again
    Good luck with your RBs... Post pics when you get em... I've got one set of LXs in the same color combo( with black hand rims) .... Like that look...

You will have tubes with your tires but don't need the thorn resistant type because Marathon Plus has a Kevlar liner.... Long lasting tough tires... You'll like em

Quote Originally Posted by DaleB View Post
    I gave up on OEM impact guards. I've started using Lizard Skinz super jumbo chain stay protectors. $8 each, come in a variety of colors, Velcro closure, 1/8" neoprene. Super jumbo fits the 1.375" tube on my chair perfectly, when stretched to the max. I think they'd fit 1.25" TiLite just right. They may not last much longer than OEM, but for $8 they are perfect, IMO.
    Cool, thanks! I had tried wrapping with lizard skin handlebar tape but that would eventually start to unravel. Will give those a shot (as long as then come in some other color )