Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Round Betty Dino vs. Spinergy LX?

illinois, and no, chicago is not anywhere near where i live
    Quote Originally Posted by Wills77 View Post
    http://http://www.sportaid.com/large-button-quick-release-axles.html

are these the axles that most people get or is there another brand
    those are what I get, just tell them the wheels and the kind of chair. they have a chart that will tell the size you need.

Search some of the older posts... I'm pretty sure that several of those bragging on RBs had broken spokes and useless wheels several months ago... They supposedly are fixed but not sure they've been out long enough to really be sure...

Didn't see a lot of love for RBs customer service on those older posts either.... Personally I don't know much about Spinergy customer service cuz I've never needed it.... I've got 3 sets of LXs, 1 of which is nearly 5 years old, and all are going strong...

Spinergy probably sells more wheels in a week than RB does in a year so there will definately be people with bad experiences, many of which are quite vocal...

All of my LXs are black hub, black spoke.... You use to have to special order but may be an option now (You can see them in my user album)

Good luck... I'm sure you will be happy with either set!

Quote Originally Posted by BriRi View Post
    Search some of the older posts... I'm pretty sure that several of those bragging on RBs had broken spokes and useless wheels several months ago... They supposedly are fixed but not sure they've been out long enough to really be sure...

Didn't see a lot of love for RBs customer service on those older posts either.... Personally I don't know much about Spinergy customer service cuz I've never needed it.... I've got 3 sets of LXs, 1 of which is nearly 5 years old, and all are going strong...

Spinergy probably sells more wheels in a week than RB does in a year so there will definately be people with bad experiences, many of which are quite vocal...

All of my LXs are black hub, black spoke.... You use to have to special order but may be an option now (You can see them in my user album)

Good luck... I'm sure you will be happy with either set!
    One of those people would be me. I have had new RB wheels since November and they are rock solid. I waited a while before posting again about them, I wanted to make sure the problem I had was resolved. I am hard on wheels, I daily ride the streets of SF and beat the crap out of my chair and wheels. I don't want to cause another wheelchair user problems and I have no vested interest in RB, I don't know the owner, have never gotten any thing free from him, I just like the wheels.

a
    i did tons of searches but i cant find any pictures of them with black hub/silver spokes or silver hub/black spokes

can anybody help me out with that. my chair is all black. but i found pics of black hub/red spokes and that looks pretty good too.
    Here are some pics of the colours you have asked for, of course the dinos in the basket chair were just put for the pic, is not a sport wheel for play basket, is just a daily wheel.

And like you have said your chair is black i don`t have any pic of a black chair with red dinos, but i`ve got one with red LX, so i post it too for you can make an idea of the combo of colours.
    Last edited by totoL1; 02-02-2012 at 07:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by t8burst View Post
    . I don't want to cause another wheelchair user problems and I have no vested interest in RB, I don't know the owner, have never gotten any thing free from him, I just like the wheels.
    Are you saying that about me?
    I`m going to tell you something, i know the RB owner and i get them free for test them, but i assure you the first thing i told him was: I`m not worry about if you are going to give me the wheels free, if i don`t like them i`m not going to do any review of them and Oracing are not going to sell them, because i`m like you, in a fucking wheelchair and i don`t like to tell guys to buy a product if they after could have problems with it,DMEs are for that, so i only recommend things that i`m sure are good.

The Dinos improvement with the thicker wall spokes was because i told Erick to do it after testing them for a few monthes, so the wheel is just 36 grames heavier than the first version but is a much stronger wheel, this new dinos are riding around 3 or 4 monthes ago and those are a really rock.

Now the guy can buy which he like, the two wheels are good, the lx a bit flexy for my test, but that does not mean it`s bad, but if i was going to buy a spinergy i would buy a spox sport and save a lot of money and i would have a wheel much better than the lx, yes with more spokes, but i`m now in another orbit

Dinos looks cooler and rocks more than the lx, but that is just imo.
    Now guys buy what you want with your money...

Call me 'old school', but I'm a fan of the LX. RB's have never really appealed to me, personally. I can appreciate fans not holding a grudge about earlier problems and long waits, too. Something about the look...I dunno...just never clicked with me.

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

Quote Originally Posted by totoL1 View Post
    Are you saying that about me?
    Heh, no. I was just making the point that my opinion was based solely as a customer and not biased in any way. That being said I would love to get free stuff. I am thinking about going for an all welded chair, hook me up with one of those oracing chairs and I will say great things about them...

Thanks for all the good help every body! I would be lost without this site and everybody on here. I just ordered Dinos black hub/red spokes with marathon plus evolution tires.
    after seeing the pictures of stephans wheels i decided to add some color to mine.

Will they come with the tires already mounted on the rims. What about tubes? i noticed the order form for lx's have a option for thorn resistant tubes but the dinos didnt say anything about tubes.

Thanks again
    c6 inc since 2-19-11
    ex pro-am motocross racer
    tilite aero z s2

Thanks for all the good help every body! I would be lost without this site and everybody on here. I just ordered Dinos black hub/red spokes with marathon plus evolution tires.
    after seeing the pictures of stephans wheels i decided to add some color to mine.

Will they come with the tires already mounted on the rims. What about tubes? i noticed the order form for lx's have a option for thorn resistant tubes but the dinos didnt say anything about tubes.

Thanks again
    They should, although mine didn't. There was some glitch (I can't remember now) but if I wanted to have my RB's asap, I had to put the tubes and tire on mine myself which I did.