Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Round Betty Dino vs. Spinergy LX?

Round Betty Dino vs. Spinergy LX?

Hopefully I will be ordering new rims/tires within 2 weeks but I need some help deciding. Right now i have the basic 24" spinergy wire wheels with orion tires. I already know Im going with schwalbe marathon plus tires.

I know tons of people have spinergy lx and recommend them. The only review I could find on the dino's was the one totol1 wrote. Im looking for more opinions/reviews on which rim to go with.

Also please post pictures of your rims and different color combos

thanks
    Last edited by Wills77; 01-29-2012 at 05:42 PM.
    c6 inc since 2-19-11
    ex pro-am motocross racer
    tilite aero z s2

Prior to ordering my Round Betty's, I used the LX's. I don't like color so mine are black hub, spokes and hand rim, so nothing exciting. The round betty's are really good and roll excellent. The only thing for me (quad) is that they are kinda heavy. The spinergy's are super light and I could easily pull them off my chair and toss in the back seat. I need to put some graphite on my RB's cuz it's been a little struggle to pull them off. The other day at school, I was pulling off one of them and I had to yank on it and when it came off it hit me on my brow bone and now I have a bruise on my eyelid. Overall I'm happy with my Round Betty's.

illinois, and no, chicago is not anywhere near where i live
    the spinergy are a "flex" wheel, meaning they are designed to absorb shock and can flex a little, which some don't like the flex. The Round Betty are a stiffer wheel and a little heavier.

Go with the LX's. Super light and they look great.

what is the exact weight of the LX? Or the spox? I've been trying to get more info on wheels but I couldn't find exact weights on the site before... Hmm, maybe a retailer like sportaid lists exact weights? I wondered the difference between lx and spox myelf. I ask tons of questions all in the same thread and sometimes it dies before I get answers to everything.
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Lin View Post
    what is the exact weight of the LX? Or the spox? I've been trying to get more info on wheels but I couldn't find exact weights on the site before... Hmm, maybe a retailer like sportaid lists exact weights? I wondered the difference between lx and spox myelf. I ask tons of questions all in the same thread and sometimes it dies before I get answers to everything.
    SPOX are 18 spoker wheels and LX are 12 spoke
    • Spinergy Wheels are available in 22", 24", 25" and 26" sizes.
    • Lightweight "Slotted" CNC machined alloy hub.
    • Weight: 2.9 lbs each with aluminum handrim and high pressure tires - 140 grams lighter than SPOX.Weighs just 1.5 lbs without tire and handrim.
    • 12 spoke design gives easier access to reach under your chair.
    • 1.8" Width at Bearing Faces.
    • Weight limit 250 lbs.
    • THE DINO
      • CNC machined aluminum hubs
      • 12 tubular 1/4" aluminum spokes, available in 10 custom anodized colors
      • Double wall deep V aluminum rims
      • Wheel weight 1.7 lbs (not including handrim or tire)
      • Hub width 1.87" at bearing faces
      • 350 lb max user weight, 18° max camber

Quote Originally Posted by jschism View Post
    • Weight: 2.9 lbs each with aluminum handrim and high pressure tires - 140 grams lighter than SPOX.Weighs just 1.5 lbs without tire and handrim

• THE DINO
      • Wheel weight 1.7 lbs (not including handrim or tire)

so spox= 2.9, lx=1.5, and dino=1.7? it, but that with handrims and tire.... the other measurements arent, anyone know spox without tire and handrim?
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Lin View Post
    [/LIST][/LIST]so spox= 2.9, lx=1.5, and dino=1.7? Thats a big difference between spox and lx, I didn't realie it was so much.
    the 2.9 are the lx with handrims and tire. the lx are 1.5, the spox are 140 grams heavier, the dino's are 1.7 lbs.
    i think most will agree the fewer spokes make it easier to grab and pull off and load into car. the weight difference isn't that much, some just prefer the stiffer wheel of the dino. the lightest wheels are the topolino, they are really stiff, but have more spokes.
    Last edited by jschism; 01-29-2012 at 08:55 PM. Reason: add

I have both and I prefer the Round Betty's. I do not notice the weight difference and I like how the Betty's are stiffer. My chair has 6 degree's of camber and the LX's flex way too much for my taste. The betty's are great wheels.

wtf? brow bone Supra orbital ridge babe!

thanks for all of the replies... now im even more undecided haha
    both of them will be an upgrade in looks and performance.
    I wish i could try both before ordering. Im not sure if i would like the feeling of my wheels flexing
    c6 inc since 2-19-11
    ex pro-am motocross racer
    tilite aero z s2