Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: ROHO Hybrid Elite Cushion

ROHO Hybrid Elite Cushion

Just spotted this on Sportaid. They seem to announce more new products than the manufacturers.

It is the new Roho Hybrid Elite cushion which uses, of all things, a J3 foam base manufactured specifically for this cushion by Sunrise Medical. The use of different shaped neoprene cells is something I'm happy to see--especially the rectangular cells out at the sides for the trochanters. A new style of cover is used on this model, and it comes in single or dual compartment versions.

Will it be better than the Invacare's Infinity AirFlo or Roho's own Nexus Spirit cushion? Time will tell (it won't be available until mid-December), but it looks promising to me.

Guess I'll be pestering my Roho rep on Monday to get a demo.

how are these ROHO air type cushions, never sat on one. how durable are they and what type of SCI's require these the most. are they prone to flats and patching? how often to do have to pump them up. im going to a DME on thurs for some Cushion test drives.

I am in the process of configuring a Q2 Lite and J3 cushion for veteran and discovered that the Roho insert is also available as an option on the J3 cushion. They have a better picture of the insert on the J3 order form...

Quote Originally Posted by BobMach View Post
    how are these ROHO air type cushions, never sat on one. how durable are they and what type of SCI's require these the most. are they prone to flats and patching? how often to do have to pump them up. im going to a DME on thurs for some Cushion test drives.
    I've got nearly intact sensation and find the Low Profile Roho to be the most comfortable cushion for me. The key is having having the correct amount of air in it. Haven't had to add air to mine for at least 4 months (It's been so long I can't remember).

If you have any pelvic obliquity or have more muscle mass on one side, the dual compartment version allows each side to be fine tuned and costs only a few bucks more.

In retrospect, I wish I would have gone that route. With my single compartment cushion, I have to position it precisely on my seat upholstery for it to provide the right amount of support on each side. This isn't a pain for me because I can fold down my backrest without removing the cushion and it is securely fastened (I use a cover from the back pad off an Invacare powerchair and the Velcro matches up perfectly with my upholstery). If I had to remove my cushion every time I put my chair in the car it would be more irritating.

I use Roho's and in 4 years haven't had a flat, knock on wood. I air mine up weekly, just to be sure, along with the tires. I check my immersion all the time, paranoia, maybe, but sitting on a solid seat pan with a too flat Roho is a recipe for disaster. I use the 4 chamber Contour and the 4 chamber High Profile. I'd like a non-air or an air/foam cushion but all I've tried are bad for my butt. Only Roho satisfies my needs, at the moment. Stimulite was runner up, but eventually went bad when I developed an obliquity and needed different pressure settings under each isch.

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

I had a ROHO with my Quickie 2. Loved it but my cat popped it. He was a kitten at the time though. I'm getting a new ROHO with my new chair that's coming soon hopefully. High-profile so he better stay clear of it. Anyone have any recommendations on how to deter cats from using my seat cushion as a scratching post?

yes, a rope wrapped scratching post with a fillable catnip toys attached. the rope takes care of their claws and the catnip keeps'em stoned and lazy.

thanks for all the input. i see alot of ROHO's on ebay and no nothing about them, may pick on up there cheap to play around with an see how i like it over the long term. im always tinking with things, tools, sharp objects and in and out of my chair constantly during the day so wondering how it will hold up. the Hybrid Elite looks nice because it is not entirely air. i do know this, i want something light weight and i also need something for a computer desk chair

Quote Originally Posted by BobMach View Post
    thanks for all the input. i see alot of ROHO's on ebay and no nothing about them, may pick on up there cheap to play around with an see how i like it over the long term. im always tinking with things, tools, sharp objects and in and out of my chair constantly during the day so wondering how it will hold up. the Hybrid Elite looks nice because it is not entirely air. i do know this, i want something light weight and i also need something for a computer desk chair
    Extremely comfortable... You won't regret it. Thank you for the cat nip idea. I'll try it but I'm affraid he'll try to get the cat nip down and continue to scratch anything else in the house. I'll see what happens.

I wonder how heavy this cushion would be since the knock on the Jay cushions was that they were heavy. Interesting to see how this one and the Nexus Spirit compare.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot nothing's going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss