Thread: Max, Linked Articles

Max, Linked Articles

Hey Max,

If you're linking to your articles to initiate discussions [such as this post], locking the topics kinda kills that possibility.

Anyway, the main point I got from the article was the discovery of hTERT to immortalize certain cells by preventing the telomeres from dropping/breaking off. The other thing cool about it is the bioreactor, which supposedly mimics a particular cellular environment -- the fetal one in this case. There are a few possibilities that this could be used for.

-Steven

Steven

The reason I lock topic is to direct members to have discussion on Science news, not on cure since it is (in my opinion) not directly relevant to Cure..

If you have other solution, please shoot

Its also done with aim not to tease Master of The Board & our "exelent" moderators with non-relevant to Cure topics

When I'm confused about Topic, I better post it on Science & link it here if it slightly relevant to cure..

Hope you understand

I understand, but just posting the links without any contextual information about the article in this forum will cause many people to hit "Back". Umm, let me think... would you be able to add little brief summaries or just references to what the story is about -- eg "telomerase inhibition" for the linked article -- when you post a link?

Another thought: if people only get to the Science articles through a link in a locked thread, any posts people make in the thread will go pretty much unnoticed because the link in the locked Cure thread will sink to the bottom of the message list.

Hrmm... those are just some brief thoughts.

-Steven

Steven

I think that sciwire designed the way that most visit only sci community forums..
    Probably some even don't know about existence of News Forums.

I'll try to add frief info...