Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Driving, manual chair, Bakk Flip and Lokk Up

I was recently quoted [2 weeks ago] $6,000 for both the Bakk flip and Lokk up. But it was only an estimate.

bakk flip/ lokk up

I've been trying to learn more about this system.
    I'm wondering, where did you get the estimate?
    one of my local shops was close to twice that for one part, the lokk up.
    I'm thinking I should look else where.
    6grand is a lot more affordable.
    Was it for both the lokk up and bakk flip?

For the EZ lock types, me, I hate that bar that gathers dog and baby toys and socks and carpets and all and what not. The lokk up just seems so much cleaner. I use a manual chair and as I age I'm finding it increasingly difficuklt to transfer, so, driving from the chair seems like a more reasonable alternative. Just need to be able to put it together.
    The bakk flip seems like it might provide the support for poor trunk balance and the lokk up, well, no drag bar.

Lokk Up

It looks like a great system, I was quoted on a guesstimate of $3.800 for just the Lokk Up, but can't get an answer if it will work with a TiLite ZRA.

I'm not sure on the hook ups either but the 3800 is quite a bit less than i was quoted.
    For both Bakk Flip/ Lokk up I was given a price of about $11,000, with shipping costs unkown. the installer got the numbers from the web site. unfortunately their attempts to contact the manufacturer have so far been unsuccessful.

That's like twice and a bit over the EZLock but in my mind it'd be worth it.
    The Bakk Flip just seems like a good idea, i use my vans seat's back a lot when i drive, i'm thinking with just a wheelchair back i'll have issues now and again.

on that though, from what i hear the manufacturer is a real pain to work with and the system has problems that can be almost impossible to get fixed. poor customer support, at least in North America.

Price quote from United Access:
    Bakk Flip Securement System $3,995
    Lokk Up Securement System $2,495
    Control Unit Lokkup/Bakkflip $958
    Wheelchair Bracket $795
    $8243

Labor [Installation of equipment + custom fitting with customer] = approx $840
    Freight Charge
    Taxes
    Last edited by peegy p; 02-24-2013 at 12:37 PM.

I would stay away from the Lokk-up unit. I've had mine for 3 years and went though 3 motors and a wiring harness. As far as safety It's extremely wobbly and unstable. It doesn't lock the chair down tight and secure. Getting replacement parts has also been a challenge. The first motor took 10 days to get from Sweden and the wiring harness took over 6 weeks.

As far as the EZ Lock, I don't think it will fit on a Tilite ZRA sport chair???

JBTX,
    What wheelchair did you have your Lokk-up unit rigged up to?
    What is the ground clearance for the Lokk-up? EZ-Lock is 3 1/4". The QLK-150 can vary from 1.5 - 4.0"
    Did you also get the Bakk Flip unit?
    What vehicle do you drive?

Quote Originally Posted by peegy p View Post
    JBTX,
    What wheelchair did you have your Lokk-up unit rigged up to?
    What is the ground clearance for the Lokk-up? EZ-Lock is 3 1/4". The QLK-150 can vary from 1.5 - 4.0"
    Did you also get the Bakk Flip unit?
    What vehicle do you drive?
    I still have it hooked to my Tilite ZRA it has 8" of clearance. I don't have the Bakk Flip. Its on my Goshichi pick-up.

ah, so the Lokk up is it attached to the lift or the vehicle frame/ flooring.
    I've seen pics of the Goshichi but never been up close.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinOR View Post
    ah, so the Lokk up is it attached to the lift or the vehicle frame/ flooring.
    I've seen pics of the Goshichi but never been up close.
    Yes the Lokk Up unit is attached to the truck lift and I have a 6lb bracket attached the chair.