Thread: Shrinking brain

Shrinking brain

Dr Wise or Nurse:

I had a follow up visit to the Dr to discuss the MRI and she said that there is no tumors/masses or lesions. But, she said that my brain is shrinking quicker than average my age. She said that that could be attributed to my head injury with the dent that I have in my head, but it could mean something else.
    Can you tell me what else that could mean? I have read that early alzheimers is a possibility. But, what else?
    She recommended another MRI in three to six months to track the progress, if any.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastiang View Post
    Dr Wise or Nurse:

I had a follow up visit to the Dr to discuss the MRI and she said that there is no tumors/masses or lesions. But, she said that my brain is shrinking quicker than average my age. She said that that could be attributed to my head injury with the dent that I have in my head, but it could mean something else.
    Can you tell me what else that could mean? I have read that early alzheimers is a possibility. But, what else?
    She recommended another MRI in three to six months to track the progress, if any.

Thanks
    Are you having symptoms that suggest that your brain function is deteriorating? How is your memory? I am not sure what can be done and a followup MRI seems to be a good idea.

Wise.

I have been having trouble with my memory in the last few years, but that may be attributed to my just finishing a doctorate program with all the stress involved. But, maybe not.
    And, I have been experiencing periods of dizziness, usually in the morning or night.
    I will do a follow up MRI.

Western Australia - Hammer wielding daemon
    It probably law and not the brain injury. -)