Thread: behind the cubicle hiding

behind the cubicle hiding

crying at work...THAT'S a first. guess it just got to me. my job involves determining medicaid eligibility for people in assisted living facilities. it's ironic to me that I'm not even eligible to live in one... because my own care needs are too great. but on goes the lip gloss and the smile as I head on out to do my job, pretending it doesn't bother me that an 94 year old can do more for herself than I.
    at least it's a good hair day.

(((Big huge hug))))

Sorry I have no words of wisdom today.
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by anban View Post
    There you go, a silver lining to every cloud.

Hang in there Anban, these reality checks happen less and less often as time goes by.

Sorry Anban. Hope you're feeling a little better by this evening.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

I know how you feel, I am a mail carrier, and I have elderly customers always asking how my husband is doing and then suggesting that I contact this senior agency or that senior agency, all of which will do nothing to help a 46 yr old.
    (((hugs)))
    Those elderly people probably wish they could have a job like you.

Sometimes there is just no rhyme or reason.......

Quote Originally Posted by anban View Post
    crying at work...THAT'S a first. guess it just got to me. my job involves determining medicaid eligibility for people in assisted living facilities. it's ironic to me that I'm not even eligible to live in one... because my own care needs are too great. but on goes the lip gloss and the smile as I head on out to do my job, pretending it doesn't bother me that an 94 year old can do more for herself than I.
    Congratulations on working in a field where you can assist others w needs connect w needed svcs. I know from experience that sometimes arbitrary regs that make no sense prevent you from helping some folks really in need. I always enjoyed bending the rules to make exceptions possible. Crazy that you would not be eligible for assisted living in that unlike the great majority of people you have served you have learned to accommodate disability through use of assistive technology and any other trick you have needed to devise. My wife and I are dealing w similar issues - she is 70 w approx 63 years in a chair and I am rapidfly approaching 70 w 42 years in a chair. Years ago we applied for long term care insurance for our post retirement years but were refused by several companies as the pre-applications ruled out anybody using a chair. This was during a time when I had the least use of sick days of all employees in my office. I believe we too would be ineligible for assisted living and recently we have begun kicking around the idea of building a house which would allow later addition of an overhead lift in bedroom and master bath w separate quarters for a live in caretaker. This is just in thought balloon stage but we are ready to make any changes required by age to maintain maximum independence. I am sure you will do the same and succeed.