Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How wide are airplane aisles?

Try taking 3 Advil sometime & see if you don't pee less frequently while it's in your system. I don't recommend doing this regularly, but it may help.

illinois, and no, chicago is not anywhere near where i live
    you could always wear depends and see how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by t8burst View Post
    Well dude, if you are still in SF stop by and I can give you some tubes to stick in your penis and they will drain out all the urine. That is what I do 5 or 6 times a day. Works every time!
    Thanks for the offer, yes I am still in SF. I think I'll go another way before I use a tube. Sounds very uncomfortable and from what I hear, UTI's are a common problem. Years ago I got used to using a powerchair in public, geez my heart was pounding. Later I got used to using a manual and even to do it in front of women I was flirting with. Took me a long time and I've come a long way. If peeing into a travel urinal is the next thing, I'll do it.

Hell, I can do anything. Been learning that the hard way but being completely naked in front of six fully clothed medical students while I was lifted and probed sure helped me to realize it ;-) Oh that was some day.

illinois, and no, chicago is not anywhere near where i live
    if you ever decide to stick tube in your penis, the Icon can get closer to most public toilets than a chair with a regular front end. It will actually fit in a normal stall and i can close door behind me and cath in front of toilet when some idiot is taking a dump in the "accessible" stall. couldn't get in them with my ZR2, i would have to wait to pee.

Quote Originally Posted by jschism View Post
    if you ever decide to stick tube in your penis, the Icon can get closer to most public toilets than a chair with a regular front end. It will actually fit in a normal stall and i can close door behind me and cath in front of toilet when some idiot is taking a dump in the "accessible" stall. couldn't get in them with my ZR2, i would have to wait to pee.
    Oh that's great news! I didn't even think about that. Being able to get the chair in would be awesome. Can you believe the things I get excited about ;-)

Another couple of weeks and I'll have my Icon. Not sure which is harder, waiting to pee or waiting for the Icon ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by sherocksandsherolls View Post
    For me the answer is a definate yes..(not that you asked me lol) as I just couldnt do that with someone next to me either..I would die..but then again..I couldnt do it anyway as I don;t have a "schmeckel" lol!

I really don't mind the foley..it actually gives me great independance when traveling..I just empty before I get on plane...and wear a loose skirt..or pant..
    They can be fun, writing in the snow and such ;-) I will say that I am very pleased with what you have. I have always been a fan ;-)

I plug these things every chance I get. I find them perfect for discreet wear, to catch the occasional leak on long flights or road trips with friends. Very easy to drain, too. Just like peeing.

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

Quote Originally Posted by DaleB View Post
    I plug these things every chance I get. I find them perfect for discreet wear, to catch the occasional leak on long flights or road trips with friends. Very easy to drain, too. Just like peeing.
    Thanks Dale, I just checked out the videos at the site. Do you know how much it holds? I couldn't find that information at the site. Also, having the resoviour beside me or above me makes me nervous about a big spill.

I didn't like the leg-bag condom catheter but I will say I didn't worry at all about it leaking.

Excuse me while I rant -argh! So much of the shit I have to do wouldn't be necessary if there was access. I spend so much of my time, energy and money dealing with lack of freaking access. Okay, calm down, it's not going to happen in my lifetime. Deal with it. <end of rant>

Depending on the plane and your ability to transfer, it may also be possible to use the onboard wheelchair (which does fit down the aisle) to get to the plane's bathroom and use it. That's what I do.

Quote Originally Posted by grommet View Post
    Thanks Dale, I just checked out the videos at the site. Do you know how much it holds? I couldn't find that information at the site. Also, having the resoviour beside me or above me makes me nervous about a big spill.

I didn't like the leg-bag condom catheter but I will say I didn't worry at all about it leaking.

Excuse me while I rant -argh! So much of the shit I have to do wouldn't be necessary if there was access. I spend so much of my time, energy and money dealing with lack of freaking access. Okay, calm down, it's not going to happen in my lifetime. Deal with it. <end of rant>
    You haven't flown for a while. There is access, if you want to get to the bathroom airlines have an aisle chair on board (if you fly delta they will proudly tell you it was designed by some guy at harley davidson), you hop on, get strapped in like Hannibal Lector and they take you to the bathroom.