Thread: Not sure whre to post this....

Not sure whre to post this....

This is my first post to this group, so please forgive me if I am not posting in the correct manner.

I came across this group while searching for information on spinal abnormalites. I am a mom to my almost 6 year old son, and 2 year old daughter. It is my son that brings me here. He has Larsen's Syndrome (this thread had this condition mentioned somewhere, which is why I am posting). In the grand scheme of things he has a mild case. He has an MRI tomorrow on his c-spine. He's had 5 surgeries up to this point on various things and I've been anxious about those, but I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't VERY worried about what this MRI might reveal. We already know that he has abnormalities at C-4, and my son has given descriptions of his legs feeling funny (nothing constant though).

Can anyone direct me to where I might find information so I can prepare myself for various terms that might be used in the MRI reports so I will be able to understand what they mean, and what is serious and what isn't? TIA
    This is my first post to this group, so please forgive me if I am not posting in the correct manner.

I came across this group while searching for information on spinal abnormalities. I am a mom to my almost 6 year old son, and 2 year old daughter. It is my son that brings me here. He has Larsen's Syndrome (this forum had this condition mentioned somewhere, which is why I am posting). In the grand scheme of things he has a mild case. He has an MRI tomorrow on his c-spine. He's had 5 surgeries up to this point on various things and I've been anxious about those, but I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't VERY worried about what this MRI might reveal. We already know that he has abnormalities at C-4, and my son has given descriptions of his legs feeling funny (nothing constant though).

Can anyone direct me to where I might find information so I can prepare myself for various terms that might be used in the MRI reports so I will be able to understand what they mean, and what is serious and what isn't? TIA

Stephanie

Welcome to the Care Cure Community.

You will find some MRI terminology on this website:
    http://www.chirogeek.com/003_ct-axial_tutorial.htm

However, your best route to understanding the MRI is your son's doctor who should be willing to go through the report with you and explain it and your son's prognosis. If he/she isn't willing to do that for you, find another physician.

All the best,
    GJ

Welcome and good luck with the MRI. I hope that you find your physician to be patient in explaining the results to you.

Thank you for the info and support. I am certain that DS's dr will explain everything, I just like being prepared, kwim. I am waiting anxiously for the results, and to find out where we go from there.

Smart idea to be informed. Write your questions down. Good luck!