Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Need cases where Medicare paid for standing frame

Quote Originally Posted by beatscookin View Post
    I just won my appeal! Now my medicare advantage plan has to reimburse me for my EasyStand. Yay!

Things really came together after Nancy Perlich from EasyStand hooked me up with an attorney from Disability Rights Texas (and I don't even live in Texas!). He spent a lot of time with me and turned out to be a really great guy who is passionate about getting laws changed. He knew exactly how to present my case to the ALJ judge. And this was all at NO COST to me! Disability Rights is a pretty cool organization. I had previously contacted the one in my state regarding this case but they said they couldn't help me. I had no idea that I could go to one in another state. This just proves that we should never give up!

I hope this will inspire everyone to keep appealing and challenging insurance/Medicare/Medicaid, because there is hope. And thanks to all of you who contacted me privately to help out. This really is an amazing online community!

Rock on, Beats!!!!

Great determination!!!!! I have also conquered the unheard of with the State's TNCare Insurance, for the best interest of my disabled daughter. Isn't it a great feeling?!? ...I can see your proud glow from here!

YOU are an official "Butt Kicker"!!! Say it loud, say it proud!!!

Kick on....

T
    Incomplete, SCI, T1-T8, w/ Arachnoid Cyst. Bilateral shoulder surgeries, 2 on the left, 3 on the right, right forearm surgery for a crushed radial nerve.

"We can always choose to perceive things differently. We can focus on what's wrong in our life, or we can focus on what's right."
    — Marianne Williamson

Quote Originally Posted by Charlottes Web View Post
    Rock on, Beats!!!!

Great determination!!!!! I have also conquered the unheard of with the State's TNCare Insurance, for the best interest of my disabled daughter. Isn't it a great feeling?!? ...I can see your proud glow from here!

YOU are an official "Butt Kicker"!!! Say it loud, say it proud!!!

Kick on....

T
    From one Butt Kicker to another! Thanks! It sure does feel good!

Quote Originally Posted by beatscookin View Post
    I just won my appeal! Now my medicare advantage plan has to reimburse me for my EasyStand. Yay!

Things really came together after Nancy Perlich from EasyStand hooked me up with an attorney from Disability Rights Texas (and I don't even live in Texas!). He spent a lot of time with me and turned out to be a really great guy who is passionate about getting laws changed. He knew exactly how to present my case to the ALJ judge. And this was all at NO COST to me! Disability Rights is a pretty cool organization. I had previously contacted the one in my state regarding this case but they said they couldn't help me. I had no idea that I could go to one in another state. This just proves that we should never give up!

I hope this will inspire everyone to keep appealing and challenging insurance/Medicare/Medicaid, because there is hope. And thanks to all of you who contacted me privately to help out. This really is an amazing online community!
    congrats!!