Thread: Crestor (cholesterol ?) side effects

Crestor (cholesterol ?) side effects

Hello...

Does anyone here take Crestor to control their cholesterol?
    Any side effects?
    My husband started it (10mg once a day) about 6 weeks ago...
    He is experiencing more bowel accidents and this is the only change we have made...just curious if anyone has xperienced this...
    The side effects on the script warn about constipation...not us!

Thanks
    Last edited by Aspen; 01-22-2012 at 04:15 PM. Reason: change title

Blog Entries
    Never tried Crestor, but I'm taking Simvastatin 10 mg once a day (at night), and don't seem to experience any side effects.
    Don - Grad Student Emeritus
    T3 ASIA A 26 years post injury

Try Zetia

Tried Crestor, Lipitor, and Zocor. I am incomplete, so I did not have accidents, but I spent many days racing for the bathroom. I started Zetia about 10 years ago and have been able to tolerate it without the same problems. However, I find that, from time to time, it does work as a very mild laxative. Zetia may not be effective as the other meds, as it only elevates the HDL's or maybe it lowers the LDL's, I forget which. Cholesterol has been at the high end of the normal range. Triglycerides are still high though, but that's because my wife bakes all the time and I can't resist the stuff.

Check with your doctor first, but I also take 81mg aspirin every day, drink 3-4 ounces of red wine almost every day, and I try to exercise as much as possible. After 40 yrs. of SCI I can't do what I used to do because my shoulders, arms, and hands are wearing out, but extra cardio definitely helps.

Although it is not listed as a side efrfect, if that is the only thing that changed than it likely is the culprit. Everybody has different reactions to medications. I would call the prescribing physician and let him/her know what is going on. Possibly they can change the medication.
    CKF

Switch to Lipitor, now $4 per month and add 20 mg of CoQ-10 twice per day to prevent leg cramps. Been on this combo for over 10 years with no issues.

You might want to suggest the above combination to your doctor.

CKF