Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Dr. Young - Dr. McDonald

Dr. Young - Dr. McDonald

I read the Sept. 1999 abstract on the success Dr. McDonald observed in the lab utilizing ESC's in rat contused spinal cords. Impressive.

This was nearly 4 years ago. Seems that there has been sufficient time to replicate the results and a least be laying the ground work for a human trial.

DA, I'm starting to think like you do. . . .

schmeky, the reason why there has been no progress with that work is because embryonic stem cells are being shut down at the federal and state levels. Wise.

wcrabtex...whats the excuse for no oeg, nt3, in-1, and receptor blockers human trials?

Is there a research group/country using hESC's in SCI research? It would make sense to support whoever it is doing something that has considerable merit. Is Barros in Brazil doing this?????????????????

What kind of animal studies were done to justify the activated macrophages trial that is starting at Craig????????????

If we are just going off of the human data from Israel(33% functional improvement rate - which hardly seems optimized), why can't we do autologous OEG trials in the U.S. based on Lima's work?

DA, I tried to answer your question in another topic. Wise.

[This message was edited by Wise Young on 05-25-03 at 05:55 AM.]

DA, why don't you admit that the Bush government attitude about ESC researh is completely idiot?

WCR,

Thanks for the info. Weren't OEGs shown effective and safe in rats before 1998?

Why are further animal studies necessary before human OEG trials begin? I'm not saying to halt animal trials, but run them congruently.

I haven't seen or heard much evidence that activated macrophages are any more effective on acutes than Lima's OEG procedure is on chronics. The difference - Proneuron driven by profitability perhaps? I don't know.

wcrabtex with the exception of the nogo peptide, these therapies were around years before esc. i remember posting on the forum nt3-in1 trials in humans was ready for 1997, the same year esc was discovered. i remember regeneron buying the rights to in-1 then saying they wont develope it for human use. then they began selling medical supplies to the sci community. where was your outrage wcrabtex?
    nobody likes bush policy on esc but to focus only on esc as the only problem is idiotic, right marcus?
    their is zero, 0, none, outrage at any therapy footdragging along except for esc. to me that says politics is more important than a cure. so you are right about one thing, sci patient advocate is extremely poor. we as a group are a bunch of losers.

marcus bush policy is a huge speed bump. 1. you can remove that speed bump by changing to a pro esc president...i dont see that happening soon. 2. going around the speed bump by using alternative to esc. marcus are you ready to tell me that dr black was a failure and wasted time and money?