Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: i wish somehow we can all reach a place we want to be

I'm glad they saved your position, lynnifer, and that you're feeling better. You've had a rough few years, hope things start heading the other way
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Where I want to be is no longer reachable in this life. I want to be whole, in the sun, in grassy meadows, to be greeted with lots of dogs, and whatever else paradise can possibly be.

[QUOTE=lynnifer;1480064]I'm sorry. I need to be more mindful .. I was just so excited to go back because I wondered if it would be even possible for a while there. Here is something I just wrote to my father and I'll share it: As soon as I got the news, all the little aches and pains I was having seemed to go away, although my voice is still whacked. It's a horrible thing to define your esteem by what you do and I've seen so many disabled who work do it .. because when you can't do it anymore then you feel like you are no one and that's an awful place to be. The thing missing for me is my own family and I totally blame David for wasting those precious years - selfish cowardly bastard but I'm not bitter!!! I need to find a hobby for when/if that should ever happen again because I have really been feeling sorry for myself since the summer. It was almost unbearable and many times I thought about ending it. How silly that seems now that I have purpose again.

I wish I knew how to cure pain. I only had it here/there over the past year and was a huge sucky whiner about it!

Don't be worried about being happy I am so happy for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Le Type Fran├žais View Post
    Where I want to be is no longer reachable in this life. I want to be whole, in the sun, in grassy meadows, to be greeted with lots of dogs, and whatever else paradise can possibly be.
    Yea, but just my one border collie.
    She knew me before I got fucked up and nothing between us has changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Type Fran├žais View Post
    todd, have you read this book? explores the history of the english language. i think you're about the only person i know who might be interested. been listening to audio version last couple of nights. it's fascinating.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/adve...res+of+english

one thing not being able to work has afforded me is much more time to do what i love most: read. now i look at that last sentence, my use of afford is ironic....lol...of course, i wasn't using it in a financial sense. anyway, i think this book would interest you.
    Last edited by cass; 01-22-2012 at 12:54 AM.

Oh, Cass, thank you for the suggestion. I'd love a book on that!

I've been able to get back to work but completely understand what the other posters have said about being off. The nine months that I was away from my job were the worst. I was very lucky to have had disability insurance and that helped keep the family afloat. However, it was the not being in the workplace, not having the challenge that was so hard. I've found lots of hobbies in the meantime and now I have trouble finding time for work!

I like your profile picture truly. The other ones were good too.
    Disability insurance can be a lifesaver.

I think that maybe those off the 'career' track might want to count their blessings to be able to do that. Last few years I've been kind of hoping at times they finally kill the group I'm working at and surplus my behind. I'd then be looking forward to a nice forced retirement. Only trouble is the .gov killing the value of any retirement planning anyone did. But I do know I'm in much better shape physically on longer weekends not having to drag ass to work. Seems to reason not working at all would be ideal. I guess my life is cashing checks my body cant cover so to speak...

Smile When.....

When this time in my life passes...i will back to living in my condo, I will be back to walking, running, driving (w/out assistive devices(all3)), back to work and going out w friends for brunch, shopping, wine, beach, whatever it may be.
    back to dating, feeling confident enough with myself. Back to dancing ... Working out at the gym, step aerobics, bike riding, etc, etc.

[B][/B]
    Quote Originally Posted by cass View Post
    i have no idea where that is for anybody, least of all me. but when i envision it, i'm back at work, pain is at least controlled, i can eat again w/o being up all night...in short, each waking moment is not one of pain that i'm just enduring. i don't care that much if still paralyzed.

what do you want?
    Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. -- John Lennon