Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Spam Busters!

Quote Originally Posted by sherocksandsherolls View Post
    I guess we agree then, the real "wannabes" are not posting here rather those who are "fakers" looking for attention or excitement, and yes of course..that is repulsive and unacceptable. Lin was speaking of actual wannabes as described in the docu you two had discussed previously...I too have been approached by those who are fakers..well most everyday on fb..and yes that is a whole different matter and I do not believe those who choose to manipulate and lie are worthy of our empathy. And it is very hurtful to those who fall prey...I think I only got fooled once..by a blonde "jenny"...but I never really got into anything too personal..and it was obvious when she kept being persistant to get these "sex" discussions going.

Glad we got that straightened out.
    I guess I did miss that if it was a general discussion. The topic of devo's and wannabes was brought up not in a general content but in the context of them posting here. It is one thing to feel empathy with people with problems, it is another to defend them coming here and fooling the community.

I write software for a living, and am a very literal person.

person a posts: "protect us from devos and wannabes"
    person b posts: "hey they are okay, just people with problems"

To me person b is posting about the subset of people who come on this site and lie about their disability, not posting about the probably much larger group who don't come here and I don't really care about.

The sad thing is I am willing to be every female member here has had a "jenny". CC is a big target for these people and people with SCI especially the newly injured are vulnerable. So when people express the opinion that wannabes are just harmless people looking for attention I am going to post my opinion they are not. I will attempt to be less confrontational about it in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by t8burst View Post

The sad thing is I am willing to be every female member here has had a "jenny". CC is a big target for these people and people with SCI especially the newly injured are vulnerable. So when people express the opinion that wannabes are just harmless people looking for attention I am going to post my opinion they are not. I will attempt to be less confrontational about it in the future.
    Your right..I wish we could protect everyone who is vulnerable..from predators..those who would wish to fool them and do them harm..by lying about who they are..I kinda thought we had some "faker busters", as well as spam busters here as well. Although I guess the very nature of a true wannabe is to "fake" their injury..hmmmm I guess they would want to be a part of this community..as they feel they are one of us..inside. sigh

Anyway, .... that last sentence is really nice/sweet to say. I like this side of you
    "The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” ~Carlos Castaneda

Spam busters we work our tails off because we love to make it safer , easier for My extended Family here
    Named
    Care Cure

I do multitasking so it is no stress on me Gang
    Thinking about it Family here ; these Spammers are Hemmroids

Love ya all
    Sincerely ;
    GL

Wow-some really putrid spam this morning. My first sight on the computer today was the biggest penis I've ever seen-and not in a good way. Barf.......