Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Spam Busters!

Quote Originally Posted by ~Lin View Post
    I like turtles too.

I never said harmless, and you are speaking of people completely different than I. Hence the "how did you get from.." response. Disagreeing with someone has more of an impact if you understand what they're saying and disagree with THAT instead of coming out of left field with an off topic remark.
    Completely different than you? So you are just someone who looks for sympathy by being in a wheelchair? Interesting.

Anyway, You can make your own imaginary definition of a wannabe, I am sure they are as harmless and friendly as turtles. Google "paracathy", see what "wannabes" are. Obligitory NSFW, disturbing, really don't look if you don't want to get grossed out warning.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Lin View Post
    How do you even jump from someone lying about a disability to stealing photos and altering them? Sorry, not gonna bite the bait this time.
    Because T8 has had a back-stage pass to my pain.

I experienced this trauma.

Others as well but they choose not be public about it. It required a very dedicated, very disgusted, very august 1st amendment attorney to remedy the situation.

http://jenlongdon.wordpress.com/2012...ding-my-voice/

We are not allowed to "out" devos or fakers unless they cross a line like ask for money or pictures. There are several currently among us. Remember this is in the internet. Use some critical judgment in your dealings. AND LISTEN TO WHAT WE'RE NOT SAYING as well as what we do.

As to spam and the OP, I think most moderators will tell you that we spend 90% of our time moving spam.
    Last edited by JenJen; 02-02-2012 at 11:56 PM.
    My blog: Living Life at Butt Level

Ignite Phoenix #9 - Wheelchairs and Wisdom: Living Life at Butt Level

"I will not die an unlived life. I will not live in fear of falling or catching fire. I choose to inhabit my days, to allow my living to open me, to make me less afraid, more accessible, to loosen my heart until it becomes a wing, a torch, a promise. I choose to risk my significance; to live so that which comes to me as seed goes to the next as blossom and that which comes to me as blossom, goes on as fruit."

Dawna Markova Author of Open Mind.

I'm the OP of this thread and hope it is understood I was commending the work the "Spam Busters" do for all of us. I've been told how time consuming it is and was showing my appreciation.

No criticism of you at all Linda.
    My blog: Living Life at Butt Level

Ignite Phoenix #9 - Wheelchairs and Wisdom: Living Life at Butt Level

"I will not die an unlived life. I will not live in fear of falling or catching fire. I choose to inhabit my days, to allow my living to open me, to make me less afraid, more accessible, to loosen my heart until it becomes a wing, a torch, a promise. I choose to risk my significance; to live so that which comes to me as seed goes to the next as blossom and that which comes to me as blossom, goes on as fruit."

Dawna Markova Author of Open Mind.

Quote Originally Posted by LindaT View Post
    I'm the OP of this thread and hope it is understood I was commending the work the "Spam Busters" do for all of us. I've been told how time consuming it is and was showing my appreciation.
    BTW, the thanks are appreciated. I would say I spend an hour a day moving spam and I am probably not one of the more dedicated spam fighters. It is the ".edu" domain that makes CC such a high value target. Google ranks ".edu" domains higher in search rankings because they usually are very trusted sites.

Quote Originally Posted by JenJen View Post
    We are not allowed to "out" devos or fakers unless they cross a line like ask for money or pictures. There are several currently among us. Remember this is in the internet. Use some critical judgment in your dealings. AND LISTEN TO WHAT WE'RE NOT SAYING as well as what we do.

This is very confusing...who is "we"..the moderators?? You cannot remove or "out" a poster who you know is a faker? really?? that would mean you would have to sit back and watch us all give advise while you (referring to moderators) knew they were not even real?

You know of "several" among us? but you cannot ask them to leave or at least stop posting?

How does one "listen to what your not saying?"

I happen to agree with Lin...a "wanna be" would be considered psychologically impaired..T8--why can't we just express that view without such hostility? You don't agree..you are filled with anger and disgust for them, we happen to feel empathy for them..to each their own.

P.S.: Oh and yes Linda..didn't mean to de-rail further..thank you all for removing spam..we are grateful you are "allowed" to do that.
    Last edited by sherocksandsherolls; 02-03-2012 at 01:16 AM.
    "The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” ~Carlos Castaneda

Quote Originally Posted by sherocksandsherolls View Post

I happen to agree with Lin...a "wanna be" would be considered psychologically impaired..T8--why can't we just express that view without such hostility? You don't agree..you are filled with anger and disgust for them, we happen to feel empathy for them..to each their own.
    I do have strong feeling about the subject. I have seen them hurt members here that I care about, plus I personally find their behavior offensive. You are as free to express your opinion as I am free to express mine.

If you feel my feelings about them are directed at you... well that is not true and if I have implied that I apologize. I have strong feelings on the subject and am in general a very direct person.

Quote Originally Posted by t8burst View Post
    I do have strong feeling about the subject. I have seen them hurt members here that I care about, plus I personally find their behavior offensive. You are as free to express your opinion as I am free to express mine.

If you feel my feelings about them are directed at you... well that is not true and if I have implied that I apologize. I have strong feelings on the subject and am in general a very direct person.
    no, I didn't feel you directed them at me per se, but at others who expressed empathy..like Pheonix whatever her name was in another thread, who has stopped posting..I think the ones who hurt people here were fakers, not "wannabes". Faker who did it for fun or for excitement.(as Jen stated in her experience) Not sure the actual real "wannabes" who have the disorder are hurting anyone..I may be wrong, but all the fakers I have read about here who gained trust and were found out..none of them actually had this disorder as I can recall. Of course feel free to correct me.

I just don;t understand how one cannot feel sorry for someone whose mind is telling them that they need to cut off a limb or live their lifes not walking or running or dancing..but in a chair..when they are perfectly healthy and could be doing all thise things. IF that is not something we can even remotely understand is an actual illness..then we clearly are too close to the subject to be objective...in my opinion.
    Last edited by sherocksandsherolls; 02-03-2012 at 01:55 AM.
    "The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” ~Carlos Castaneda

Quote Originally Posted by sherocksandsherolls View Post
    no, I didn't feel you directed them at me per se, but at others who expressed empathy..like Pheonix whatever her name was in another thread, who has stopped posting..I think the ones who hurt people here were fakers, not "wannabes". Faker who did it for fun or for excitement.(as Jen stated in her experience) Not sure the actual real "wannabes" who have the disorder are hurting anyone..I may be wrong, but all the fakers I have read about here who gained trust and were found out..none of them actually had this disorder as I can recall. Of course feel free to correct me.
    I am not aware of anyone who has had the desire to paralyze themselves on this site. Such a person would have serious mental problems, but I think you would agree such people are exceedingly rare. No Lin accurately described a class wannabes. They fake injury to get attention and sympathy. You know if you want to do that, do it somewhere else. We have people here with real problems who deserve attention and sympathy.

I just don;t understand how one cannot feel sorry for someone whose mind is telling them that they need to cut off a limb or live their lifes not walking or running or dancing..but in a chair..when they are perfectly healthy and could be doing all thise things. IF that is not something we can even remotely understand is an actual illness..then we clearly are too close to the subject to be objective...in my opinion.
    In my opinion the people you describe aren't posting here, that kind of mental illness is very rare. The "wannabes" and "fakers" are people who are lying to the community for either some sexual fetish or need for attention. If they came out and admitted it, you would probably be surprised at my reaction. I actually do have empathy for people, even ones without SCI believe it or not. I do not like liars. I just don't understand people who defend liars.

That being said, you are also correct that I am too close to the subject to be objective. SCI destroyed my life. I am in constant pain, I have no bowel or bladder control and will never have sex again. Some asshat wants to play at being like me? Yeah, it pisses me off. You want to play pretend, show some respect and do it somewhere else. I don't go on devo or wannabe sites and hassle them, why do they come here and lie to us?

Quote Originally Posted by t8burst View Post
    I am not aware of anyone who has had the desire to paralyze themselves on this site. Such a person would have serious mental problems, but I think you would agree such people are exceedingly rare. No Lin accurately described a class wannabes. They fake injury to get attention and sympathy. You know if you want to do that, do it somewhere else. We have people here with real problems who deserve attention and sympathy.

In my opinion the people you describe aren't posting here, that kind of mental illness is very rare. The "wannabes" and "fakers" are people who are lying to the community for either some sexual fetish or need for attention. If they came out and admitted it, you would probably be surprised at my reaction. I actually do have empathy for people, even ones without SCI believe it or not. I do not like liars. I just don't understand people who defend liars.

That being said, you are also correct that I am too close to the subject to be objective. SCI destroyed my life. I am in constant pain, I have no bowel or bladder control and will never have sex again. Some asshat wants to play at being like me? Yeah, it pisses me off. You want to play pretend, show some respect and do it somewhere else. I don't go on devo or wannabe sites and hassle them, why do they come here and lie to us?

I guess we agree then, the real "wannabes" are not posting here rather those who are "fakers" looking for attention or excitement, and yes of course..that is repulsive and unacceptable. Lin was speaking of actual wannabes as described in the docu you two had discussed previously...I too have been approached by those who are fakers..well most everyday on fb..and yes that is a whole different matter and I do not believe those who choose to manipulate and lie are worthy of our empathy. And it is very hurtful to those who fall prey...I think I only got fooled once..by a blonde "jenny"...but I never really got into anything too personal..and it was obvious when she kept being persistant to get these "sex" discussions going.

Glad we got that straightened out.