Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Spam Busters!

Spam Busters!

I'm not sure who all of you are or all that it involves ridding the spam here-but THANK-YOU!

Your moderators, at your service!

I must say the amount of spammers has increased spectacularly in the last 12-18 months. Most of us spend about 95% of our time on the site dealing with spammers (this includes Dr. Young) and a tiny part of our time reading and responding to questions or providing resources. Sure is a waste!

(KLD)

Is there any way to decrease the spam? Does this site use a CAPTCHA? i can't remember. Though I was thinking that might be an issue with the varying degrees of disability. Those things drive me nuts, earlier today I failed one 4 or 5 times before i got it right, and I don't have a disability that would affect those! They're just so hard you can't tell what on earth they are.
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

Quote Originally Posted by smashms View Post
    i try to report it also when i see or suspect one i report it.
    Actually you posted in a spam thread, which makes it harder for us to find and move. If at all possible please if you see spam, report it but don't post or reply to the spammers.

Along with spam busters, we need faker/wannabee busters. Then again I do enjoy reading their bullshit stories so maybe we need them to keep this place exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by wtf View Post
    Along with spam busters, we need faker/wannabee busters. Then again I do enjoy reading their bullshit stories so maybe we need them to keep this place exciting.
    I wish they could be "busted" too. I'm not smart enough to really tell unless is really blatant-but there are people here that have better BS detectors.
    I hate to think of people's kindness, time and resources wasted on these creeps!

Maybe it's an option to update the VaultWiki software which CareCure is running? I saw that CareCure is using an old version. Don't know if that is a hard thing to do, but maybe it will help.

Quote Originally Posted by Tachtig View Post
    Maybe it's an option to update the VaultWiki software which CareCure is running? I saw that CareCure is using an old version. Don't know if that is a hard thing to do, but maybe it will help.
    Our webmaster, Steven, has been out with health problems for some time now. I think there is a plan to do this when he returns. Dr. Young certainly has other things to do with his time.

(KLD)

and they are at it again man i hate spammers!! i have found 2 names that are spam who should i send them to?
    click the button. It will go to all the "spam busters"

Thanks,
    Tom

only problem with that is it takes 60 seconds in between each report a real pain if there are several of them that you find
    Yeah. You know the ones we miss are the ones that are buried in threads. If the thread topic is spam, we will see it. If there is a spam message buried in a thread between old and new posts, those are the ones hard to find.