Thread: Beef vindaloo

Beef vindaloo

I made this last night and it was soooooooo good. Labor intensive, esp all the grinding of spices by hand, but so so worth it!

http://www.food.com/recipe/beef-vind...e=null&st=true

Man that looks good! Did you make nan? I had an Indian friend tell me how his mom makes them. She puts a clay flower pot in the oven and cooks them on it.

I'm not man enough for Vindaloo, Madras is about my limit when it comes to "hot", but full marks for putting in the effort to make it yourself Ami.

Seems like you dump the whole spice drawer in. The recipe looks like a concoction for a magic potion. I cannot begin to imagine what that tastes like.
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Oh, please come and cook for us. I'm so uninspired and confused counting carbs and keeping track of them and glucose testing with the new diabetes dx.
    I'm cross eyed from reading labels, but at least his numbers have been excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by t8burst View Post
    Man that looks good! Did you make nan? I had an Indian friend tell me how his mom makes them. She puts a clay flower pot in the oven and cooks them on it.
    I didn't make nan because I am celiac, which means I can't have gluten (gluten = wheat, rye, barley = any kind of bread). So we had rice instead.

It was HOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTer than hell, and I only put in 1/2 the hot peppers it called for. I can't fathom how hot it would be with the full amount! Some of us (not me though) put plain yogurt on it to cool the heat, but not me - I went for the heat.

Linda - I will gladly come make it for you! It will keep me warm in the northlands! I'm actually right now up visiting family in cold chilly New Hampshire, hence, the hot vindaloo!

<------loves Indian Cuisine and makes it often, the hotter the better. Regular Indian grocery stop for Samosas

Quote Originally Posted by SCIfor55yrs. View Post
    Seems like you dump the whole spice drawer in. The recipe looks like a concoction for a magic potion. I cannot begin to imagine what that tastes like.
    Taste delicious. Indian food is my #1 favorite.
    My mouth is like a magician's hat, never know what might come out of it.