Thread: ? About Natural Fit Handrims

? About Natural Fit Handrims

Can the Natural Fit Handrim be moved closer to the rim?
    Never Give Up!

My NF is a 6-tab mount. I removed the thumb ring, and remounted it <handrim> in the wide position. The tab mounts do have other holes, which would have allowed closer mounting if I had chose. The tire, tube, and rim tape must be removed to change the mounting. (Since I had everything apart, I replaced the mounting bolts & nuts with stainless steel.)
    Last edited by chasmengr; 01-18-2012 at 05:14 PM.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Yes, however, you will have to remove thumb guard.

Thanks! Thumb guard looks nice but I need the bigger handrim.
    Never Give Up!

I've been wanting to ask something and didn't want to open a thread just for my little question, so I hope you don't mind me asking my NF question here!

Whats the best way to clean paint off NF rims? Like wall paint that you bumped into and got streaks on the NFs... I'm still working things out lol, especially when in close quarters. Anyhow I've now got some streaks of white and blue paint on the NFs on my chair. But the NFs on my chair were a mistake, and as soon as my rims come in I'll be going back to the DME to have these taken off and my LTs put on. So when that time comes, I don't want to be returning these rims looking like hell! Even though it was THEIR mistake to put them on my chair I'm a bit nervous.
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Lin View Post
    Whats the best way to clean paint off NF rims? Like wall paint that you bumped into and got streaks on the NFs... I'm still working things out lol, especially when in close quarters.
    My daughter recommends those Mr. Clean "magic sponges" for all chair/handrim cleaning needs!

Mary