Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: How do you know when to admit defeat??

Question How do you know when to admit defeat??

Yep... so like many, my pain has decided that it wants to stick around. This unrelenting pain has been going on about 5-6 years now. I have tried everything that I can think of besides the illegal options. I don't know if I really want to try that type of pain control though. I do find myself thinking about that option much more frequently but I always come up with the answer.... let me try to ride it out. That always ends up being a dumb statement because it never stops. I guess I"m just hoping that one day it will JUST STOP!!!!

Then in addition to my "normal" neuropain, I now have had to deal with this blasted mesh pain in my abdomen. I can feel it rubbing again my lungs when I take a breathe. I can feel it moving when I try to just move a little to get into a more comfortable position. I am going to have it removed in the middle of May but, meanwhile, I have to suffer to just do the natural act of breathing.

Maybe I'm stupid to try to keep living my life...... Maybe I should just roll over and admit defeat......

Becky
    T8-9 according to latest scoring.......
    since 1/3/04

I am the best at being me. No matter how that happens to be!!

Quote Originally Posted by bcsimpsons View Post
    I have tried everything that I can think of besides the illegal options. I don't know if I really want to try that type of pain control though.
    Just because it's illegal doesn't mean it's not a good option.

It's illegal because the people who make laws are assholes
    who've never experienced chronic pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Buck_Nastier View Post

Agreed.... I guess my hesitation is what would be the side effects, if any, just like any other medication...

Becky
    since 1/3/04

Quote Originally Posted by bcsimpsons View Post
    Agreed.... I guess my hesitation is what would be the side effects, if any, just like any other medication...

Becky
    Never know unless you try. It's not like you haven't
    exhausted all the other options.

Never know unless you try. It's not like you haven't
    exhausted all the other options.
    Also true.... Thanks!

Becky
    since 1/3/04

Awesome... I love when my threads get plastered with ads... or whatever the two posts above this are...... grrrr

Becky
    since 1/3/04

What illegal options are you referring to?

Becky, roll a fatty and have at it.
    And the truth shall set you free.

Hey becky, is there no way they can fast track the operation to remove the mesh? I can't even imagine how frustrating that must be on top of the neuro pain.

Might be worth giving canabis a go, here's my experience with it if you decide to try it:

I tried if for the first time with a friend the other day. I smoked a little too much I think, at first it was working great, the pain went away, and we were just sat reminiscing about old times. The only real side effect was momentarily getting a really dry mouth, so have some tea/coffee to hand! When it got intense I just sat still watching the tv until it wore off. The pain stayed away for about 1-2 hours after it wore off so it's not really long term relieve, but it might give you a break for a while. I havn't done it again since, we're thinking of making some brownies rather than smoking it next time, I've never smoked in my life and that was the only part I didn't really like, but it's a quick way of testing it. Make sure it's with someone you know well, it familiar surroundings.

My thoughts are with you Becky, hang in there.
    T11 Asia A after near-fatal bike crash.. Just happy to still be here

No, I didn't loose my mind... It got scared and ran away!!

Becky,
    Just do what works for you...the laws making some options illegal are pretty much irrelevant. If you're in serious pain do what you need to to get relief.
    I have pretty severe chronic neurogenic pain that the typical over-the-counter meds barely touches. I've tried the "illegal" option a while back but it made my neurogenic pain worse for whatever reason...then again, if it worked and reduced this maddening pain I'd smoke all the time!
    Kyle