Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: GoShiChi

2012 GMC Denali

They just received my truck yesterday!! (Monday April 23, 2012) Hopefully it will be in production soon!!

This my truck, and I've been driving it since October. It's the nicest quietest vehicle I've owned

Very nice TREA18.
    C5-6 Complete - 8/13/1982

My truck is 10 months old and my horizontal actuator startled rattling wile driving and right before the door would close and open up. Two weeks ago I ordered a replacement (one year warranty) but it had been backordered. Yesterday my door quit so if you notice it acting up get on it early.
    Life's perceived journey in this PMR is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy **** what a VR ride!"
    Pete C6/'97

Quote Originally Posted by Brianm View Post
    Very nice TREA18.
    Thanks

BRASWELLF5

As far as the horizontal actuator is it binding or electrical. Have you ever heard any weird noise from the vertical?

Not from the vertical. I'm going to price them both so maybe keep a spare if this is going to be a prob. There's only 3 bolts and a small bracket that holds it on. About a 30 minute job is all.
    It's more of a clanking sound but only when the door was about 1 foot from closing and did the same when opening. now it will start to open but it throws the breaker. Im thinking it's binding up and flipping the breaker.
    Life's perceived journey in this PMR is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy **** what a VR ride!"
    Pete C6/'97

Quote Originally Posted by BRASWELLF5 View Post
    Not from the vertical. I'm going to price them both so maybe keep a spare if this is going to be a prob. There's only 3 bolts and a small bracket that holds it on. About a 30 minute job is all.
    It's more of a clanking sound but only when the door was about 1 foot from closing and did the same when opening. now it will start to open but it throws the breaker. Im thinking it's binding up and flipping the breaker.
    What brand actuator are they using?

I've taken them apart and repaired them before.

You might be able to fix the old one so it's good enough to use as a temp replacement for when the next one breaks.
    Jim, MA, MMET
    Bridgewater, MA

I do not know the brand yet but I will find out. They have to send the old one back for a core but I am going to get the serial number and other info off of it.
    Pete C6/'97

Turns out I had a pinched wire on the vertical actuator motor, that was throwing the breaker. Simple 5 minute fix. Gotta replace my actuator for a new one next week. Mobility SVM told me the new ones are a lot better and they have had to replace these before.

On these actuators, all they are is a glorified electric trailer jack. Its as simple technology as you can get.
    Pete C6/'97

Smile My Truck

Finally after 6 months I have it in my garage.