Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: GoShiChi

I want to get an ATC conversion badly, but I just don't think my chair or my head will fit in a 4x4 model. Looks like your casters can be 23.5" max. And I'm almost 6'3...I've done some measurements sitting in my chair and I'll be pushing the 58" of head room in the vehicle. If I could fit my head in, I could use a 4x2 model, but that kind of defeats a large part of the purchase seeing as I live in a snowy climate.

Quote Originally Posted by -scott- View Post
    The CEO of ATC is Steve Kitchin, who started GoShichi, which later became SVM. I'm not sure what happened on a corporate level w/ SVM and why Steve isn't affiliated with the company anymore, but based on the fact that each brand traces back to the same guy, I'd be more inclined to go with ATC.

http://www.atconversions.com/about/
    I was told SVM acquired the company via hostile takeover, so Steve moved 20mins away from SVM and opened AT Conversions...he has a new design with beefed up parts and more reliability overall from what I understand. Also it's a hydraulic system instead of all electric which I've been told is more reliable, and has fewer problems. To me it seems like SVM is doing so many conversions, the quality and customer service has suffered...

Quote Originally Posted by tarantella View Post
    I want to get an ATC conversion badly, but I just don't think my chair or my head will fit in a 4x4 model. Looks like your casters can be 23.5" max. And I'm almost 6'3...I've done some measurements sitting in my chair and I'll be pushing the 58" of head room in the vehicle. If I could fit my head in, I could use a 4x2 model, but that kind of defeats a large part of the purchase seeing as I live in a snowy climate.
    I hear you I'm kind of in the same situation. I'm 6'0 tall and I already have the 4wd truck but I'm having an issue with height now...I am looking for a way to reduce my height by an inch or so, the first thing I'm going to try is a lower profile cushion...

I just bought a 2013 Silverado with the SVM mobility conversion. I'm 6'4" and I have prolly 3 inches of head room inside, and thats if my posture is perfect. It's all black with black bowties front and back and black 20" rockstar XD rims. Its super awesome and for anyone that can afford one I would highly reommend it. Anyone wanting to know specific info can pm me and i will give you my phone number. I'm not on care cure much anymore seeing how I am back in school full time and have a part time job. Btw for those interested my chair is 30 inches at the widest point.

If the roads are too bad to drive a 4x2 its prolly bad enough to not be out in your chair. Thats how it is here anyway. At the beginning of a big snow until the roads are pretty clear the sidewalks are crummy as well.

Heres the link to the site where I found the truck. The ad is still up so if you guys wanna see a pic of it just click the link. http://www.disableddealer.com/item_v...?itemid=120120

Quote Originally Posted by Boztick View Post
    I just bought a 2013 Silverado with the SVM mobility conversion. I'm 6'4" and I have prolly 3 inches of head room inside, and thats if my posture is perfect. It's all black with black bowties front and back and black 20" rockstar XD rims. Its super awesome and for anyone that can afford one I would highly reommend it. Anyone wanting to know specific info can pm me and i will give you my phone number. I'm not on care cure much anymore seeing how I am back in school full time and have a part time job. Btw for those interested my chair is 30 inches at the widest point.
    can you tell me how tall you are sitting in your chair?

I hunt a lot and have an outdoor chair that does well in moderate snow. I would plan on hauling it with a hitch platform and transferring into it. 4x4 would be nice to have on the back roads when I'm out hunting. The suv's are very heavy, which would help the 4x2, but I'd still love 4x4.

yes as soon as the snow clears and i can get into my garage to my tape measure I will let you know how tall i sit

Looks like ATC is offering upgrades for SVM owners...

http://www.atconversions.com/svm-gos...k-conversions/