Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: New reality show coming "Push Girls"

Quote Originally Posted by momo3 View Post
    I think the show looks interesting. Maybe not reality but like ProfessirX points out-at least they are out there and looking good. I hope that I am able to watch online because our cable system does not get Sundance Channel.
    Bummer...I don't see the channel listed on my cable either (
    "The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” ~Carlos Castaneda

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannosaurus Tex View Post
    This show addresses the real issues faced by those who are wheelchair bound. Here’s a still shot taken from the first episode: “Overcoming obstacles at the work place”.
    Good thing I am not bound in my chair I guess. Just sitting in it when I am at work. She must work at a kinky place.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

Quote Originally Posted by sherocksandsherolls View Post
    Bummer...I don't see the channel listed on my cable either (
    Shoot, I don't think I get this channel either. I remember the really beautiful asian woman that was married to the guy from 21 jump street was a member here, I think she's Angela or maybe it's the other asian woman. Anyway, I'm curious to watch her, I hope she's doing well which I'm sure she is. I hope I can watch it online.

k, i don't think i can even read the article. reality shows make me sick.

Quote Originally Posted by addiesue View Post
    I am afraid this show will piss me off and be unrealistic, but I am going to watch it just so I can see how the hell they wear those shoes. I sure as hell can't.
    haha, I like this.

well, we can all watch another sundance favorite (2010): Armless. lol.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armless

btw, if you've seen this film and would bill it a comedy (as opposed to, say, comedic drama), let me know. but then, that's wiki. you can watch it on hulu, if interested, probably elsewhere.

back to original topic, who do you think the main viewers of these sexy girls in wheelchairs will be?? does a word beginning with d come to mind?

eta: found more realististic appraoch to Armless and wanted to add it:

http://www.armlessthemovie.com/
    Last edited by cass; 01-23-2012 at 02:41 AM.

i really don't understand how devos watching something in their own homes is a cause of such stress. it's their own home and they can do whatever they please in it. it doesn't bother me that they will be watching the same show i will be. cmon, now...
    "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
    http://www.elportavoz.com/

I don't get Sundance either. It's extra, but just like the wives the only thing I'm assuming I'll have in relation with this "reality" is I'm female and paralyzed.

I'm envious of the shoes and chairs....:-)

Good luck ladies, I'll search netflix.
    Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.

Quote Originally Posted by cass View Post
    back to original topic, who do you think the main viewers of these sexy girls in wheelchairs will be?? does a word beginning with d come to mind?
    I thought of that..especially with the comment made in the press release about " I am a quad and I need more help, I need someone to "lotion me up"..was that playing to the devos? on purpose? Just a question..but I agree with Cryptic..again lol..if Julia Roberts was worried about being sexy and having men whom she didnt care to view her in her movies..well she would just not be able to be in them. There are creepy guys and nice guys (both devo or non) and we can't be worried about every time we are seen in public or post a pic or have a pic taken of us about who God forbid might be seeing it..or even getting off on it..(do you think only the devos get off on us?? (-I beg to differ )

My only issue is, whether it is girls in chairs or not,..is overtly playing up to sexual fantasies..like posing a certain way or sucking a lolipop for example. Thats just me..a 47 yr old mother of two daughters who doesn't like the over sexualization of woman..( I watched a movie this weekend called "crazy stupid love"..in it, the hot guy says "we won the war of the sexes when woman started pole dancing as "exercise" point made.)Bottom line is, however..if this show did not show the girls transferring for example...how real would it be? However, if it excessive and obvious..I think we will be turned off..as it will seem exploitive.

So, if they are just being themselves, and they happen to attract devos..so be it..I would hope all men would find them attractive, not just devos..and some eyes will be opened which will help alot of woman with disabilities who have been dealing with these stereotypes..that we are unsuitable for dating or relationships..
    Last edited by sherocksandsherolls; 01-23-2012 at 12:33 PM.
    "The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” ~Carlos Castaneda

He should have cut off his head not his arms, and the doc too. Even as a farce they attempt to legitimize it by citinb the body identity disorder as a real issue and somehow cutting off yours arms as viable within the context of the disorder.

to me somewhat akin to a "farce" about paedophilia. Am I really stretching it? I don't think so. Insert some other disorder for paedophelia, maybe hoarding, or ... insert your own repulsiv bt ope disorder, criminal or not.

Re the show, not for me.

I think a number of the women here are truly "hot" and I would personally find a relationship with many of them vibrant and exciting, but I somehow think this will gloss over the realtities.

Finally why would i watch a show that reminds me how fucked I am on a 24 hour basis, even if just a feel-good show.

AARRGGHHH

but hey, whatever.

ket

Quote Originally Posted by cass View Post
    well, we can all watch another sundance favorite (2010): Armless. lol.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armless

btw, if you've seen this film and would bill it a comedy (as opposed to, say, comedic drama), let me know. but then, that's wiki. you can watch it on hulu, if interested, probably elsewhere.

eta: found more realististic appraoch to Armless and wanted to add it:

http://www.armlessthemovie.com/
    Kindly,

The Ketamine Kitty

All the tears, all the pain, all the rage through the night (apolgies to the rewrite) RR

Next time I die make sure I'm gone,
    don't leave 'em nothing to work on JT

And I ain't nothin but a dream JM