Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: New reality show coming "Push Girls"

I am afraid this show will piss me off and be unrealistic, but I am going to watch it just so I can see how the hell they wear those shoes. I sure as hell can't.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

I'm not looking forward to this show.
    DFW TEXAS- T-10 since March 20th, 1994

Judging from the picture I am already thinking that the show isn't terribly reality based and will be a total frustration. I love the high heels on the one, the ability to perch at sexualized angles, and even the range of motion shown. Not that some people can't do that of course, but it is a long way from MY reality.

I can do that, but not without my shoes coming off and my foot twisting itself around
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

"Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
    http://www.elportavoz.com/

Not trying to make this a SPY VS SPY thread, but in all due respect, I used to have conversations with a friend of mine who was quad and recently passed, she use to always feel down about major network television and how she don't watch TV because ,there's no face that relates to SCI.

See shows like Jersey Shore, House Wives blah blah blah reality shows are successful because millions watch it. Ratings get sponsors, hence gives birth to more sex, drinking and fighting shows. I respect your views, it's your life, but this is a chance for SCI to make an impact on Hollywood and remember it is Hollywood but despite that, let's do it for the cause, that being SCI awareness. Because if the 5.6 million American's support such a show, when others who feel they can produce a better outlook on SCI, sponsors may be there because they see SCI is rating driven product.

I know Auti Angel and she has strong views on true reality and representing the truth. Since Christopher, who broke many media doors for SCI, to me there has been no one who truly brought SCI in the media for SCI as a whole. I'm really tired of all the reality shows on today, a bunch of rich people causing drama because they have no obstacles except the once they make.

Quote Originally Posted by addiesue View Post
    I can do that, but not without my shoes coming off and my foot twisting itself around
    I wondered how they could wear such high heels and not have their feet slide off the foot rest. And with the stilettos, they must have solid foot rests to not get the heels slipping into the channels?

Reality tv is always far from reality! REAL reality shows/movies are called documentaries.
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Lin View Post
    I wondered how they could wear such high heels and not have their feet slide off the foot rest. And with the stilettos, they must have solid foot rests to not get the heels slipping into the channels?

Reality tv is always far from reality! REAL reality shows/movies are called documentaries.
    agreed on both points! I would think you would have to have ordered a 3-4 inch greater floor to seat height..then lower your foot plates to accomodate? then if you don't wear heels..your feet would hang or you would have to raise your foot plate each time you change shoes? If I wear heels, they go into inside the tube footplate..period. crossed or uncrossed, they just do not stay put on a foot plate! lol and to make matters worse, if I need to transfer, I must remove the shoes each time! ugh.

re: the show..I think it is a good thing...but yes, I am sure it will be uncomfortable..to us to watch the parts that we may deem "unflattering"..or not representative of how WE live our lives.

One of the girls stated in an article in reaction to her ex now dating other girls..
    “I’m a quadriplegic, so I need more assistance than the other girls,” she says.
    “I need someone to come in and catheterize me. I need someone to bathe me. I need someone to lotion me up . "

IF I were a single girl again, while I feel a show like this would help break some of the fear and stereotypes, this is not how I would want a potential partner to view me..PROIR to even getting to know me personally. We are NOT all the same..and would dates see me and think that would be part of the "deal". I mean Angela who made the statement above is now separated..so I am assuming someone else is doing these things for her now...why does she make a comment that this is a requirment for her potential partners? Or am I reading this wrong? Is the The perception not that the partner would need to do all these things for her? I guess we will all find out..botton line is they are all very beautiful sexy woman..and this show will be definately interesting to watch and learn! (how to wear high heels for one! lol)
    Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainmen...#ixzz1jw8P7NAg
    "The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” ~Carlos Castaneda

I think the show looks interesting. Maybe not reality but like ProfessirX points out-at least they are out there and looking good. I hope that I am able to watch online because our cable system does not get Sundance Channel.

This show addresses the real issues faced by those who are wheelchair bound. Here’s a still shot taken from the first episode: “Overcoming obstacles at the work place”.
    Tex
    C4,5,6 incomplete with 100% full feeling