Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: New reality show coming "Push Girls"

Blog Entries

Thumbs down New reality show coming "Push Girls"

Caught some promo on a paparazzi show, Insider announcing the coming show based on three women in w/chairs. One reportedly a quad.
    Another feel good misrep of who we mostly are. Don't suppose they cast any pain-stricken, hi-quad struggling with, lost job, career, family, friends, and health, along with absent caregivers, and crummy SSDI, hospital ER's, and medical insurances?

PUSH GIRLS

http://tinyurl.com/7zuvplg

One of the women is a quad. This article in the New York Post was HORRIBLE from "wheelchair bound" to "beautiful but useless legs" and "victim" of this and that.

The show could potentially show real-life free-range wheelers and that could be enlightening. I think it will be a big hit with devos. ick.

If you are appalled by the reporting, I welcome you to join me in tweeting @newyorkpost and let them know they got it wrong!
    My blog: Living Life at Butt Level

Ignite Phoenix #9 - Wheelchairs and Wisdom: Living Life at Butt Level

"I will not die an unlived life. I will not live in fear of falling or catching fire. I choose to inhabit my days, to allow my living to open me, to make me less afraid, more accessible, to loosen my heart until it becomes a wing, a torch, a promise. I choose to risk my significance; to live so that which comes to me as seed goes to the next as blossom and that which comes to me as blossom, goes on as fruit."

Dawna Markova Author of Open Mind.

i like the premise of the show but yea... the huffington post was just... yikes with the language.

but then i love myself the real housewives of beverley hills and atlanta
    "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
    http://www.elportavoz.com/

It sounds cool but I am a little scared about it as well. I don't want my friends knowing personal details of my injury such as bowl and bladder control and other things that we deal with. I don't share those things with co workers and friends so I'm a little uncomfortable with that aspect. I hope that it highlights the things we can control and do more so than the challenging parts of our life.
    DFW TEXAS- T-10 since March 20th, 1994

I remember when TLC, A&E and Bravo had intellegent programming.
    Now it seems like the reality shows are just trying to outdo each other and this one is a stretch.
    It is the women's business if they chose to do it, but just so many ways it could go wrong.

Hmmmm...

Guess I'd have to see how it's done before I decide how I feel about it.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixFiresky View Post
    Hmmmm...

Guess I'd have to see how it's done before I decide how I feel about it.

I expect it will be a devo orgy

"I will not die an unlived life. I will not live in fear of falling or catching fire. I choose to inhabit my days, to allow my living to open me, to make me less afraid, more accessible, to loosen my heart until it becomes a wing, a torch, a promise. I choose to risk my significance; to live so that which comes to me as seed goes to the next as blossom and that which comes to me as blossom, goes on as fruit."

Quote Originally Posted by crypticgimp View Post
    i like the premise of the show but yea... the huffington post was just... yikes with the language.

but then i love myself the real housewives of beverley hills and atlanta
    Do you have the HuffPo link? I didn't see it there. If their language is as screwed up as the NY Post, I wanna call them on it.

I know one of the women that will be on the show. Actually she is a member from years past.
    Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash

At least the comments I read (at the tiny URL, the New York Post) seem to understand the language, and how offensive it was.
    4/6/97, car accident, C5. http://raccoon-kathleen.blogspot.com/