Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Brand New T12 injury. . . so many questions???

Quote Originally Posted by LIP26 View Post
    PLEASE...don't let herself get hooked on pain pills..especially hydrocodone!!
    I doubt that they will even prescribe such a weak pain killer to her. Probably more likely to be Oxycodone than Hydrocodone, and realistically people that take only what they need to manage their pain don't get very badly addicted to it.

I'm so glad to hear of the progress! It's now that you'll be getting peeks into the future and a better understanding of what is to come. You mentioned in a previous post that she was light headed when sitting up. That happens. When a person has been laid up for awhile, blood pressure tends to drop when they first can get upright. That might be one of the first things they work with her on. I wish you the best and hope you post back and let us know how you're both doing.

Wow love all the help everyone so great to see the support caitlin is loving it, she has been making great progress the last few days, she has been working on sitting up and doing great, and she had been doing tons of good stuff in OT so thats been making her much happier she has been struggling getting use to controlling her chair but they said that is to be excepted but she has been working hard and I know she will get there, any help in that category would be much appreciated. Thanks Again

Hey Brad,

I'd encourage Caitlin to take part in parcourse every afternoon at SCVMC (and you can do this some on the weekend as well). When J first started, he could only do a few laps because he was so tired by that point in the day. By the time he left, though, he could do close to a mile of wheeling himself around. She'll also get better with the chair with time...a lot of it is just learned over time. Plus, she probably has a brace on right now that is making it harder to maneuver.

Hope y'all have a good weekend!
    Ashley

I was injured Sept 23, 2011 T11 & T12 incomplete they are just now letting me start PT some of that is I also fractured my pelvis in 3 places but everyone heals different I also wanted to figure out how to expedite my recovery but in the end rest is what my body needed I am still surprised at how slow the healing process is... Try and stay positive its early,,,, This site was a life saver for me so many questions answered and great advice..

brad

How is rehab going for both you and your girl?

Quote Originally Posted by nauticalmike View Post
    I doubt that they will even prescribe such a weak pain killer to her. Probably more likely to be Oxycodone than Hydrocodone, and realistically people that take only what they need to manage their pain don't get very badly addicted to it.
    I exploded my t12 and crushed my cord and got sent home with hydrocodone. Not addicting?? Haha tell that to the dope friends around town tryin to buy em for 6 bucks apiece!! Just get off em all asap.