Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Invivo's chronic treatment vid

Invivo's chronic treatment vid

This is the video from Reynolds' recent interview in Sacramento.
    They show a clip of the chronic injured primate before and after
    treatment. SOURCE

Yeah, except it's NOT.
    This monkey (brass monkey, brass monkey) is acute (2 days post injury) & 5 weeks post treatment.
    So still just a cool story. A monkey tale!
    ______
    Awe at my magnificent coq!

"You may say I'm a dreamer
    but I'm not" - J. Lennon

The monkey did receive the "chronic treatment" of neuronal cells within the scaffold. But...

1. The treatment was put into an animal at 48hrs. post "acute" injury. This hydrogel would surely help with sparing of any axons in the vicinity of the lesion.

2. No CSPG scar formation had even started yet in this animal.

3. There was no mention of the size and location of the injury. Was it a strategically placed little nick or a serious contusion injury like humans sustain?

4. No slides were shown of the injury site. How many millions of axons can grow and make correct synapse within 5 weeks?

5. Monkeys already have some abilities to regenerate their spinal cords naturally. Humans do not.

6. The control animal in the experiment is never shown in this financial advertisement. We should see him at 5 weeks post too...

Perhaps people out in the general public may think paralyzed people are now cured by this InVivo invention, but for the folks living in the real spinal cord injury community, we all know that (the devil is in the details)...
    Last edited by GRAMMY; 01-15-2012 at 01:12 AM.

Thank you, doctors.

uh oh...a stockholder eh?

I apologize for posting my observations in your thread. I thought this was posted for interaction, feedback and discussions rather than just marketing for a company product. My mistake.
    Last edited by GRAMMY; 01-15-2012 at 09:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GRAMMY View Post
    The monkey did receive the "chronic treatment" of neuronal cells within the scaffold. But...

1. The treatment was put into an animal at 48hrs. post "acute" injury. This hydrogel would surely help with sparing of any axons in the vicinity of the lesion.

3. There was no mention of the size and location of the injury. Was it a strategically placed little nick or a serious contusion injury like humans sustain?

4. No slides were shown of the injury site. How many millions of axons can grow and make correct synapse within 5 weeks?

5. Monkeys already have some abilities to regenerate their spinal cords naturally. Humans do not.

6. The control animal in the experiment is never shown in this financial advertisement. We should see him at 5 weeks post too...

Perhaps people out in the general public may think paralyzed people are now cured by this InVivo invention, but for the folks living in the real spinal cord injury community, we all know that (the devil is in the details)...
    He never misses an opportunity to imply this is ready for prime time. I am maybe too much a fact person. Too much "push" in Frank leaves me doubting his claims. I Hope I am wrong and he is successful.

Quote Originally Posted by Buck_Nastier View Post
    This is the video from Reynolds' recent interview in Sacramento.
    They show a clip of the chronic injured primate before and after
    treatment. SOURCE
    Reynolds is a f-ing quack Did anybody read about the girl Olympian that was paraplegic since age 12 Then a training accident and her legs came back How cool for her!'''

Quote Originally Posted by GRAMMY View Post

but other than that this is the cure we've been waiting so long for...

(but other than all that?) ok. Let's just skip the obvious facts and go with this rose colored glasses plan...

It's quite some time before the chronic trial will enroll or give results anyway. The plain fiber scaffold for acutes won't even start until maybe next year or so (no cell, no drugs)...No need to worry or fret. There will be more than enough time to watch for the information that will be needed to satisfy questions/concerns on the chronic stuff coming up in later years. I'm happy they are working on this! At this moment however, the chronic treatment obviously isn't ready for prime time. When it is ready, I suspect they will at least show us a chronic monkey instead of a 48hr. acute one...
    Last edited by GRAMMY; 01-16-2012 at 02:13 AM.

i dont know a lot about this but looks very promising.. surprised more ppl on here arent excited
    Last edited by mj23; 01-20-2012 at 02:41 PM.
    C-5, 6 SCI. Took about 6 months to walk. Walking full time. Without any assistance since Nov. 2003 and will make a full recovery