Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Icon Wheelchairs - my chair

Quote Originally Posted by JeffAdams View Post
    Or I can send you the vector file for the Icon logo, and you can print it out, and xacto knife just the logo out.
    Wow, don't know what a vector file is and I don't have a printer but the idea sounds great. I wonder if the edges would stay down with all the curves and corners. I have friends with printers, if you send me the file I could get it printed.

I already have the traction tape - got it weeks ago. Soon I'll have the vector file .. what else do I need .. what am I forgetting .. oh, the Icon. ;-)

Longest freakin' month of my life. Well, that's not exactly true but this is the longest month I've had waiting for something I want. One Icon please :-)

@Jeff

You might have been landing around the time I posted, but what's the situation with the forks?

Speaking of forks, is there still a standard fork or is the UniTine now standard? The online configurator on the Icon web site no longer includes fork options and Sportaid's has always required one of the FL's fork options to be selected.

We have standard forks, and the unitines are an upgrade. We're working on the order form, upgrading it with the funding codes and trying to make it more of a configurator as well, so I'll bring that up, and I'm not sure why Sportaid defaults to the FL fork.

I'm on it.

Jeez. I had really hoped that this was just going to be a thread with a bunch of compliments about my ride.

We have standard forks, and the unitines are an upgrade. We're working on the order form, upgrading it with the funding codes and trying to make it more of a configurator as well, so I'll bring that up, and I'm not sure why Sportaid defaults to the FL fork.

I'm on it.

Jeez. I had really hoped that this was just going to be a thread with a bunch of compliments about my ride.
    Great chair, really liked the chair. That was one good looking chair and the set-up, terrific.

C'mon everyone, tell Jeff how sweet his ride is :-)

Really sweet ride, Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by SCI_OTR View Post
    I respect a man that sits their behind in their product.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Compliments about your ride? Absolutely. Just don't think for a second you can post such a great looking chair and not have to provide the information others need to order their ride the exact same way.

Welcome to life as a manufacturer on this forum.

You must feel a great sense of pride when you see those pics. You have every right to. I can only imagine how you and Christian must feel.

I'll be nice and refrain from any questions about the RockShox Bar and Ario RL!

BTW, please expedite grommet's ASAP. I'm getting concerned about his mental state!

It's a live issue to us as well. I sit up at night and worry about that guy.

He does love him some Icon though, so he's alright in my books.

On a serious note, we're going to get him to test the wider wing to gut check it, so he'll have more to contribute shortly - the wider wing has been moved up on our priority list.

And finally seeing it under people's butts is the best thing ever, but how we feel? Hmm. This is as honest as I've ever been - I'm petrified. We now need to deliver, and deliver on time, and exceed our own best effort.

I feel like I used to in my racing days - it was never my competitors that scared me, it was the intensity of my own effort, and living up to and exceeding that intensity. Christian and I owe our girlfriends some serious vacation time soon. It's been a long road to get here, but now that we're here, there's a lot of road yet to cover.

Icon. Fits. For the long haul.
    Last edited by JeffAdams; 01-16-2012 at 12:06 AM.

I hope you don't mean "test" in the sense that you'll have him trial it, then tell him
    "Success!!, that will be the final design. Thanks you for input. We'll need that back now. Your Icon with the new wing should be built soon. It just needs to go through our production committee."
    I think he would go postal!

Jeff,

I think part of the bow you and Christian owe yourselves is to revisit your modesty about applying logos to the chair. Actually, the chair's real estate is so spare that there isn't much room to be immodest. I think the frame's "crotch" -- boy, I wish I knew the technical term you guys use -- or is that the technical term you use? -- between where the frame tubes insert would be an ideal location.