Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Icon Wheelchairs - my chair

illinois, and no, chicago is not anywhere near where i live
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffAdams View Post
    It's ok - I just wish it came with a Kelly Green ano package and tattoo patterns, then I'd fork out the money. I got it for free, so I'll keep it I guess.
    what about some fancy Glance wheels, that'd make it sweet

Drool, f#cking drool. You should dangle food in front of the starving and show pictures of your family to orphans. Okay, I'm being ridiculous but I want my Icon!

Drool.

Btw, great pictures.
    Last edited by grommet; 01-14-2012 at 09:42 PM.

Jeff,

I can't figure what's holding your cushion in place. Is it only the sideguards? Wouldn't the cushion slide forward on declines? I've been wondering about this for a while because I haven't noticed any velcro on the Icons. Did I just miss it?

The double-sided clamps on the ADI may have evolved as a solution to the creakiness that was common to their single-sided clamp design.

The ADI back on my ZR2 has single-sided clamp but it doesn't completely encircle the 1.25" diameter tubing and thus far has been noise free.

Jeff,

Blindfold on, what distinguishes the ride between the Icon and the Marvel?

The Icon is much more nimble (even though most people who used a Marvel commented on how well it moved, the Icon is significantly better) - I think the absence of the front torsion bushing/suspension is the reason for this - both Christian and I were really pleasantly surprised at how manoeverable it is.

The suspension has a different feel too - the way the shock was angled on the Marvel gave me a feeling of my weight shifting backwards much more than I get in the Icon, and because the Icon is more directly under the seat, the shock is working more correctly (theoretically), but it does need to be a little more precisely tuned to get the desired feel.

The other major difference is how quickly the adjustments can be made - I'm going to do a video soon of all the adjustments and time them - but the seat back angle for example, you can go from one end of the range to the other in under 15 seconds, and go from a flat seat angle to the max dump in under 45 - we did three full fittings in an hour yesterday at Next Step Fitness in Redondo CA, and all three people were totally different geometries.

The slowest adjustment yesterday was one of the seat width adjustments that I did, and couldn't figure out why the seat wouldn't go any wider than like 15" - after about 5 minutes of getting frustrated, Kristine Bacharach (our VA rep who was helping out at Next Step) pointed out that I had forgotten to undo the tension adjustable straps on the back - kind of like trying to get out of your car with the seatbelt on.

I'm going to do a video soon of all the adjustments and time them...

...The slowest adjustment yesterday was one of the seat width adjustments that I did, and couldn't figure out why the seat wouldn't go any wider than like 15" - after about 5 minutes of getting frustrated, Kristine Bacharach (our VA rep who was helping out at Next Step) pointed out that I had forgotten to undo the tension adjustable straps on the back.
    Try to remember not to use your own chair to demonstrate how quickly seat width can be adjusted in the video (just in case Kristine isn't around to remind you).

While we are on the subject, does one size cover all or are there different width packages for the adjustable tension upholstery?

There are two widths that match our seat bases (12-16, and 14-18), and two heights.

Blog Entries
    It's ok - I just wish it came with a Kelly Green ano package and tattoo patterns, then I'd fork out the money. I got it for free, so I'll keep it I guess.

I just spit hot chocolate on my keyboard!
    Don - Grad Student Emeritus
    T3 ASIA A 26 years post injury

jeff your chair looks great man. I love it! still its like waving candy infront of a little kid and them not getting it. Very sweet ride! round bettys would look awsome on your chair!