Thread: do i need to go to the er?

do i need to go to the er?

My wound on my calf has been doing ok healing slow with the collangenese. Last night the surrounding skin around the hole was beet red. Haven't looked at it yet. I will after my shower. My next appt. Is next week.
    I ask here as this is wound central info at times. Thanks.
    Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.

Does the wound care center you go to have after hours calls?

Is the redness spreading?

That intense redness scares me for you. Hope you are reading this from the e.r. If not, please go.

If it's warm to the touch, I would go and request IV antibiotics until your appt next week. No harm in getting ahead of infection.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

It's better. I think it's the tape. Medfix tape daily on the same area I think has inflammed the said area.
    No temp change.
    I'm being diligent w/o being OCD. I just look like the unwalking dead with all these bandages protecting my bony legs!

Thanks again.
    Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

Can you wrap it with cling and coban instead?
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Quote Originally Posted by Liz321 View Post
    My wound on my calf has been doing ok healing slow with the collangenese. Last night the surrounding skin around the hole was beet red. Haven't looked at it yet. I will after my shower. My next appt. Is next week.
    I ask here as this is wound central info at times. Thanks.
    if you have to ask, then yes, go, better to be safe than sorry
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    Can you wrap it with cling and coban instead?
    [I know it as Vet Wrap, but] THIS. Give your skin a rest from the tape. Vet wrap is awesome -- it sticks to itself but not skin or hair, it's inexpensive, and you can use one segment multiple times before you need to replace it.
    It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience.

~Julius Caesar

I used this stuff to wrap my tennis racquet to my hand!
    Between the Vetricyn and this I should own a horse!