Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: first time bowling

first time bowling

im a T5 and a friend, 2 girls and i might go bowling, i havent been bowling post injury yet and kind of nervous about it, it dont have the best balance and im afriad of either falling out when i go to bowl or getting my front tires caught on the slick ally. ive watched a bunch of youtube videos of it and all, i dont know i might just be being paranoid but i just dont know what to expect or anything when it comes to me.

go, don't worry, have fun, you'll figure it out with the help of your friends... it'll be more fun even if its goes poorly than sitting home feeling sorry for yourself

The chicks will like that you're making an effort to do something new. It shows that you go out of your way in other situations...if you know what I mean.
    Doin' that crip thing since 2004.

haha right on cali!

It's important to have a good time.

Quote Originally Posted by oakleaf41 View Post
    haha right on cali!
    Doin' that crip thing since 2004.

i'd go i loved to bowl before i got hurt

so im going tomorrow! we'll see how this all goes!

and for sure cali! im just kind of slow getting back into things i guess

oakleaf, definitely go there and have a blast. You might wonder are people watching me , unfortunately of course they are, becuase of your disablity, but if you approach it knowing that you will have a blast. I am an incomplete para, and i love bowling. There are two different styles i use when bowling. The fist I call a shot put. I get a low weight ball , put it in my lap roll up there and yes I just shot put that baby, It's very loud when it hits the lane, but I have never had any one give me any crap about it. When you shot pot the ball, it goes very fast and most of the time right down the center. The other i usually get a 12 lb ball also put the ball in my lap roll forward and while rolling forward slowly have enough momentum , i can pick up the ball and and swing outside my wheel , try not to put spin on it. The more you practive the more fun you have. I learn to laugh at myself when i get a gutter ball. don't let what you cant do , hold you back from doing what you can. Have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by nmireles View Post
    There are two different styles i use when bowling. The fist I call a shot put. I get a low weight ball , put it in my lap roll up there and yes I just shot put that baby, It's very loud when it hits the lane, but I have never had any one give me any crap about it. When you shot pot the ball, it goes very fast and most of the time right down the center.
    I do the "shot put" method as well and typically I use a 10lb ball. Put it on my lap, get a good push towards the lane, then "push the ball" off my lap and grab the wheels to stop before crossing the foul line! YES..it's does go BOOM when the ball hits the lane, but never had anyone tell me to stop. Guess it's no different than the little kids throwing their balls.

My local lane has automatic bumpers that can go up/down per player. I like the bumpers cause w/out them I'd have a lot of gutter balls
    C5 Incomplete - 25 years of experience!