View Poll Results: How interested are you.

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • I definitely want to do this.

1 50.00%
  • I would join if you can get the ball rolling

1 50.00%
  • I think that you are going to be lonely in your club.

0 0%
  • I can only give you money...

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Paraplegic sportbike modification and racing

Wow after 310 views only one person even voted in my poll. I guess that there is far less interest in this than I had originally expected. I guess that this idea will die and I will just need to find another way to realize my desire.

I'm in the UK, but I'm definatly getting back on a bike in the summer with Talan's Bike experience charity, and if that goes well I'll adapt my own bike. I'm not sure if I'll ride on the roads again but it's something I'll look into.

I hope you can get some people together, it'd be great if you can do this
    T11 Asia A after near-fatal bike crash.. Just happy to still be here

No, I didn't loose my mind... It got scared and ran away!!

I was in your same boat and I already modified my Ninja 650R. It's a great feeling to ride again and it really makes you feel free again. I thought about taking it to the track but track days are crazy expensive. I am in need of cash so I am putting my bike up for sale. Take a look and let me know if you are interested. I've put a lot of work into it.

http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthread.php?t=175244

This was my personal experience in getting back on track.......this was last April, and I am hoping to get back on track within the next few months too....

http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthr...hlight=shifter

I'm in for any fun and games.......but I dont live in the Bay area....

Hey Mike, I'm in the east bay in Union City. I don't have a bike I sold my 04 ninja 636 after i got hurt. I loved to ride and would be down to get into this. I would love to ride again. I used to be a part of a bike club. But after the accident they stopped coming around. So I have some experience with that. Hit me up if you're still trying to do this...

Reviving this old but very cool thread!

Just finished fitting new track fairings on my R1 ready for snetterton on monday. Need to put white rim tape on it and sticker it up, should be good.

Attachment 49486

Loving track days at the moment, getting lots of practice in for my first proper race, kinda jumping it at the deep end, it's a 3 hour endurance race at Assen (Holland). 2 other paraplegics in our team, vs about 20 teams of able bodied riders, gonna be a blast! That's in August. We'll be riding a 2003 fireblade.
    T11 Asia A after near-fatal bike crash.. Just happy to still be here

No, I didn't loose my mind... It got scared and ran away!!

Quote Originally Posted by SuprSi View Post
    Reviving this old but very cool thread!

Just finished fitting new track fairings on my R1 ready for snetterton on monday. Need to put white rim tape on it and sticker it up, should be good.

Attachment 49486

Loving track days at the moment, getting lots of practice in for my first proper race, kinda jumping it at the deep end, it's a 3 hour endurance race at Assen (Holland). 2 other paraplegics in our team, vs about 20 teams of able bodied riders, gonna be a blast! That's in August. We'll be riding a 2003 fireblade.
    Fantastic! Best of luck to you and your team at Assen. I've got to do a lot since moving to the States but it's true, most of the cool stuff for paras seems to be happening in the UK and Europe