Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Trying to get off baclofen

On the 5th day off now everyday has gotten better but this morning spasms ate threw the roof worst they have ever been any ideas??

Update:,I have been off 5 days everyday got better until this morning worst spasms I have ever had ,I'm not sure what is going on...does anybody know how long it takes to be completely out of our system?

Thx mike

I am confused.. ???you were on Baclofen to prevent spasticity( spasms and/or increased tone? You are no longer taking it or going to lower dose so you will have increased spasticity.It is out of your system.
    CWO

Okay sorry. I started taking baclofen 8 months ago for my bladder and reduce a little muscle stiffness. I didn't have spasms or pain to any degree. I've been off for 5 days now and the first couple days pain and muscle spasms have been terrible.the last 3 days have gotten better but this morning they were the worst they have ever been. How long does it take to get baclofen out of your system or to get back where is was 8 months ago?

Quote Originally Posted by wheelin View Post
    Okay sorry. I started taking baclofen 8 months ago for my bladder and reduce a little muscle stiffness. I didn't have spasms or pain to any degree. I've been off for 5 days now and the first couple days pain and muscle spasms have been terrible.the last 3 days have gotten better but this morning they were the worst they have ever been. How long does it take to get baclofen out of your system or to get back where is was 8 months ago?
    long. this is good advice:
    Quote Originally Posted by roc21 View Post
    i was taking 20mg 3x day.(8am,4pm,bedtime)..i first stopped the 4pm dose...then i broke the night pill in half..then the am pill in half also...then stopped the eve pill, then the am pill...i probably went a good week or 2 between each dose cut(maybe slower than needed, but played it safe)...i would seemed tighter when missing the dose, but everything balanced out.....ive been off for over a year now..as well as everything else!...

Quote Originally Posted by quadvet View Post
    long. this is good advice:
    I went off pretty slow dropping 7.5mg every 6 days.

I went from 80 mg/day to 40 mg/day, cut back at 5 mg increments, at 1-2 weeks intervals, wasn't easy.

It should be out of your system by now and that is why you are having the icnreased problems. My concern that your spasticity has incrased over these months and you would be better off staying on a low dose Baclofen.
    If it ispain and spasticity is that bad you might want to think about going back to the lowest dose and see about staying on that.
    Stretching and using a standing frame help with spasiticty.
    CWO

My son ihas been off the Baclofen for three weeks. Strength in his muscles really improved. And spasticity is tolerable. (Makes me wonder why the pump was running at 350). Anyway, the problem he is having is stabilizing his mood. Are you also having mood swings from the withdrawal?

I just went back on this morning at 5mgx3 a day . I will drop 5 mg a week till I'm done and see if that will work better.