Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is a good first marathon?

Miami, I think now its called something else, is as flat as they get. Vegas marathon is mostly down hill. Chicago is pretty flat, but you run into the wind off the lake, around mile 18 and it makes going up hill look easy. Milwaukee is slightly down hill. Then there is ST George Utah, 55 mph down hill in the dark, yooohoo.

Blog Entries
    Okay, I decided on the MCM. I know it has some hills, but I wanted to do one associated with Achilles International. One of my old running buddies has been wanting to do one together and she has trained as a guide with them. My husband and I have always wanted to take our boys to D.C so it has many advantages for me.. I pulled the topo map and the first hill looks hard. The rest looks doeable and I have a long time to train. I have talked with a few people who have done it and they assure me that spectators run over to help you if you can't make it up a hill. So, there it is. I have said it out loud and posted it, so I am committed! Pray for me.....

i have just completed the dubai marathon in 4:25 in my regular wheelchair (zra) + freewheel...
    18,000 pushes baby!!

wish i had a time to compare myself with!

Blog Entries
    Now that is impressive!

Quote Originally Posted by ckhouri View Post
    i have just completed the dubai marathon in 4:25 in my regular wheelchair (zra) + freewheel...
    18,000 pushes baby!!

wish i had a time to compare myself with!
    Congratulations!!!

Now you do have a time to compare the next one to.

Tarheelandy did the last MCM and completed it! Congrats girl, you are one heck of an athlete.

Start doing local 5 and 10K's. Do a regular training schedule, so you learn what your body needs for nutrition and rest. By the time you get to the MCM it should be just routine for you.