Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Finally starting some PT

Finally starting some PT

I was injured Sept 24, 2011 compression fractures T-11 & 12 I also broke my pelvis in 3 places all from a fall thru a roof, I have done zero PT since my accident my Dr's finally agreed I am healed enough for some serious exercise I never thought i would say I am looking forward to exercise!! My bladder and bowl issues are much better now that most of the swelling is gone, my groin area and quads are either numb or on fire so I am hoping this also improves Thank all of you for being there when I needed it and for the great information....

Good news, and good luck to you!
    Last edited by rdf; 01-08-2012 at 06:51 PM.
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Best wishes to you both on your PT! I'm so glad your doctor has finally given you the go-ahead and that you're seeing improvement in many of your issues, fromnewmont.

good luck! it was a long time before i could start PT as well as I was crushed by a truck.

good luck, work hard.

Quote Originally Posted by fromnwmont View Post
    I was injured Sept 24, 2011 compression fractures T-11 & 12 I also broke my pelvis in 3 places all from a fall thru a roof, I have done zero PT since my accident my Dr's finally agreed I am healed enough for some serious exercise I never thought i would say I am looking forward to exercise!! My bladder and bowl issues are much better now that most of the swelling is gone, my groin area and quads are either numb or on fire so I am hoping this also improves Thank all of you for being there when I needed it and for the great information....
    Damn a year and a day after me, and I still haven't done any formal PT.

Central California/ (the Republican side :)
    Cool, now go work your butt off and try to get more return! Great luck to you.

Evonne
    I have a spinal cord injury...a spinal cord injury DOES NOT have me!

walking quad-Central Cord Syndrome

I was in a similar situation. I had to wait almost 5 months before my leg healed enough to stand on it. It will be hard in the beginning. You will have lost a lot of strengh and your flexibility will be compromised, too. I don't say this to discourage you. Just be aware of it. Get into your PT, work hard and things will start to improve. A year ago, I was just learning to walk with a walker. Now, I go around with hiking poles and can manage a mile at a time. I drive, go to work. Pretty much nothing stops me. I wish even better things for you. Let us know how you do.

Good for you work hard

Thank you all for the words of encouragement...But OMG how the saying use it or loose it is especially true for muscles!!! I am hoping what felt like a dead log (left leg) will come around with more work by weeks end it felt like it was "humming" if that makes any sense kind of gets annoying but i think its a good thing.. First no more wheel chair!! then No more walker!! Then????