Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Oxy's obtaining

Oh and lastly, my contract says that I have to get my meds all from the same Pharmacy...

Quote Originally Posted by cheesecake View Post
    NauticalMike:

Seems like insurance is easier on Oxycodone than on Oxycontin.
    Of course they are. 90ea 5mg oxycodones cost around $40 while 60ea 40mg oxycontins cost over $500

Quote Originally Posted by nauticalmike View Post
    Of course they are. 90ea 5mg oxycodones cost around $40 while 60ea 40mg oxycontins cost over $500
    There is also less Federal restrictions. The Oxycontin have been switched in formulation to prevent folks from getting a big jolt. Drs are less concerned on abuse now as is the Feds.

Sounds like you and your doctor need to dial back in time and figure out what you really need to adequately manage your pain. I wish you luck and success. It is a slow and painful process.
    Every day I wake up is a good one

Oh and lastly, my contract says that I have to get my meds all from the same Pharmacy...

My contract says the same but I am allowed to change pharmacies as long as I notify the doctor. I have changed 1 x.

There is also less Federal restrictions. The Oxycontin have been switched in formulation to prevent folks from getting a big jolt. Drs are less concerned on abuse now as is the Feds.

Sounds like you and your doctor need to dial back in time and figure out what you really need to adequately manage your pain. I wish you luck and success. It is a slow and painful process.
    I may be switching doctors soon now anyway because my medical coverage was just denied because my income is too high to meet their eligibility requirements. Amazing considering that it falls about $100 less than my living expenses, and I'm not even able to pay my rent or mortgage anymore...

I may be switching doctors soon now anyway because my medical coverage was just denied because my income is too high to meet their eligibility requirements. Amazing considering that it falls about $100 less than my living expenses, and I'm not even able to pay my rent or mortgage anymore...
    Appeal it and request that they do a "spend down" of your actual medical expenses. Best to resolve this with the current doctor because anyone taking over your care will follow his treatment plan.

Good luck. Let me know if you need help with resources.

Appeal it and request that they do a "spend down" of your actual medical expenses. Best to resolve this with the current doctor because anyone taking over your care will follow his treatment plan.

Good luck. Let me know if you need help with resources.
    I guess that I was not very clear with my post. I receive $1990/month SSDi. The Federal guideline for individual is $600/month. With the standard $20 deduction that leaves me with $1370/ month excess income. So I am responsible for the first $1370 for my medical bills. They will pay for anything that exceeds the $1370...

Here's a good one too. I was told that my doctor hard put through a request to get me a new wheelchair. When I inquired about the specifics, like where do I go get it etc. they came back with a denial. But here is the funny part. I was denied because I can not prove that I have a caregiver that is willing and able to help me with it. Uh ya, I live alone... I guess that wheelchairs are too dangerous for someone that is disabled to have. Yep they are right!!! If they replaced my current chair that I paid for with one they provided, I jut might get out of bed some day, right? There were two other reason given as well that were less stupid, but still dumb. One was that I had not demonstrated that I could use wheelchair in my house, Nope only been doing that with my own chair for the last little over a year now. The last one was that I had not proven that a cane or fixed brace would not work as well. Hello, I can't walk wit a cane, and no one has ever offered to set me up with braces either. But i couldn't get by without a chair. At least not happily. I mean sure I guess that i could eat every meal standing up in my kitchen, but I don't want to...I've never tried , but carrying a plate of food or carrying drink on my walker is impossible. It's difficult enough balancing stuff on my lap in the chair.

I hate that government bullshit. Last year I had my food stamp application denied because I didn't demonstrate enough income to cover my bills. I replied 'ISNT THAT THE POINT?!' I need the assistance because I don't make enough money! But I guess they thought it meant I was hiding money. The caseworker asked if I could get a letter from anyone stating they paid my rent. I told her no, because no one pays my rent for me. I can get her one from my landlord stating how far behind I am in my rent though! She was speechless. I asked my landlord to write a letter with the current date and the last paid rent date for me, and got back on food stamps.
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

it seems like the pill method of pain control is not working so well for you. I went to the patch because I could not keep my meds down, and I found I got better control of my pain because of the constant slower release of the pain med, and so am able to take less for break though pain. My pain diary helps in that I never accidentally put on a new one early or forget what day I put it on and so go into withdrawal, but also let me figure out exactly how long they would last before mild withdrawal symptoms start. for me that is around 54 hours, but can be less or more depending on the patch.

The only time I ran out is when I had a thief. I have been offered more, and in truth I am in a lot more pain these days, but my only option is to go from 50mcg-75, and 74 I feel the high from it and nausea, I don't want to feel a pain med high at all, so the 50 dose has been the same since 2003. I use vicodin for break through, but need it only on days I change my patch.

that isn't saying I don't have pain, I do, and sometimes it is really difficult to not take a pill if it is available to me so easily, but I found sticking to the plan has kept me from being cut off.

I live in fear of that effin pain contract.

Do you use the fentanyl patch? I want to try patches SO bad. Decrease all the pills and have that steady medication level! I'm on dilaudid right now every 4 hours. I'm in a lot less pain than before but not ideal yet, and the 4 hours is a pain in the fricken ass. We're trying to fight medicaid for the extended release dilaudid at least.
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.