Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: List of Positives

Quote Originally Posted by t8burst View Post
    Incidentals? Seriously WTF. I hate my wheelchair, I am in constant pain, I can't have sex, I have to dig my crap out of my ass with my finger and because I am a para I am fricking lucky compared to a quad.
    Tom, I'm sure that there's something more than being a parent who feels the obligation to provide for his children that keeps you motivated. You don't strike me as being at the tipping point of wanting to check out on the world despite all of the things that suck about paralysis. No one struggles to identify the things about life that they don't like; finding and cultivating those things that provide richness to one's spirit is undoubtedly more challenging. Getting there isn't easy -- and I'm not even sure there's a "there" to get to, because as long as we're drawing a breath we're always just at the starting line of something -- but I bet there are more than a few things that put a smile on your face in the course of a day. I sincerely hope there are.

Quote Originally Posted by Timaru View Post
    Being Jewish I didn't think you had a "pork sword".
    Here we go again. . .

I agree with t8burst. Lol

I love the British!
    Being Jewish I didn't think you had a "pork sword".
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    Here we go again. . .
    How's the post birthday hangover Stephen?

Quote Originally Posted by rdf View Post
    I love the British!
    ..... and you give us a fuzzy warm feeling Bobby.

How's the post birthday hangover Stephen?
    Compared to you (whose avatar suggests a 24/7 Happy Hour ) I'm not much of a tippler, so no hangover. But going out to dinner again tonight, so I've got another chance.

Oh, yes, the joys of SCI:

The privilege of paying a $1,500 a month premium for health insurance last year and @$1,600 this year. (I;m in the high-risk pool until Medicare starts).

Getting Medicare five years before my AB friends. Medicare Part A starts in June and the other parts in October.

More SCI perks. Let's see. Learning to test my urine using my patented beer mug test.

If I can't see the wrinkles in my thumb through the urine-filled clear plastic mug, it's infected. The urine looked gorgeous today, with zero odor.

Hey, girls. Can you believe I'm still single?

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    Tom, I'm sure that there's something more than being a parent who feels the obligation to provide for his children that keeps you motivated. You don't strike me as being at the tipping point of wanting to check out on the world despite all of the things that suck about paralysis. No one struggles to identify the things about life that they don't like; finding and cultivating those things that provide richness to one's spirit is undoubtedly more challenging. Getting there isn't easy -- and I'm not even sure there's a "there" to get to, because as long as we're drawing a breath we're always just at the starting line of something -- but I bet there are more than a few things that put a smile on your face in the course of a day. I sincerely hope there are.
    Oh, dude thanks for the nice note. I am fine. I just have been in a lot of pain recently and the "oh hehe, aren't wheelchairs fun" post irritated the crap out of me. I have noticed that people who come on this site with progressive diseases, not a spinal cord injury, view their wheelchairs fundamentally differently than we do. Where in their life, they struggle and at some point they gradually start using a chair, then possibly full time and the chair is a godsend, it makes their life so much easier. They like their chair. I don't and I imagine deep down you don't either. This morning after finally falling asleep at 5am and then having my cute little six year old wake me up at 7, I was watching spongebob with her an browsing CC. Posted something in a better light I wouldn't have. I go to mayo clinic tuesday for two days of tests and hopefully will find out what is going on.

I think some of you aren't quite getting the point of this thread. We ALL know there are LOTS of downsides to wheeling/illnesses/sci/defects, etc. But there are also LOTS of other threads where those are being discussed. This is meant to be a counterpoint to that, so let's try to keep it positive.

T8burst, I have one for you (which hopefully won't offend). You're not at risk for an STD!

I'd thought I could put not stubbing my toes on the list - but I managed to do it anyway. LOL! Well, at least I won't TRIP and fall.

We don't need to stand/wait in line at Disneyland.