Thread: Walkers... Pink/Purple Walker?

Walkers... Pink/Purple Walker?

Hey Everyone,

My boss and supervisor attended PT today, so, we will be starting walking right away at work, but I need to pick out a walker.

The one I use in PT is a four-wheeled walker with a basket and a seat. The basket I find kind of annoying and I do need a seat with quite a bit of depth.. but most importantly, I has to be pink or purple .

Any suggestions?

WG

Whatever tickles your fancy. Maybe the basket will come in more handy than you think.

rolator and pimped rolator

Quote Originally Posted by jody View Post
    rolator and pimped rolator
    Jody,

Where did you find the pink one?!!!

I googled pink rolator. check out the hugo brand and the active brands
    I think I will choose the active brand, because of larger wheels, better on gravel or dirt.

Considering the number of things I have attached to my chair I would think a basket could be pretty usable for carrying stuff. I think I would choose purple, even though I like pink better. Purple goes with almost anything. Pink and red...not so much. Good luck.

Would pink trim work?
    I used one of these (with blue trim) for a year before graduating to my AeroZ. The Active Walker is a fabulous rolator. (It's almost $400USD, though, if I remember correctly.)

Attachment 43375

You could have different colored trim for wardrobe coordination!!

Attachment 43377
    Last edited by chasmengr; 01-08-2012 at 02:49 PM. Reason: add 2nd pic
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Quote Originally Posted by chasmengr View Post
    Would pink trim work?
    I used one of these (with blue trim) for a year before graduating to my AeroZ. The Active Walker is a fabulous rolator. (It's almost $400USD, though, if I remember correctly.)

Attachment 43375

You could have different colored trim for wardrobe coordination!!

Awe! That's an awesome idea!

I guess I should explain the no basket thing. When I go to sit on my walker, I park it against the wall, put the breaks on and the turn to sit down. I find that the basket hits the wall and makes it harder to park. Keep in mind, at this point my boss or supervisor still have to guide the walker.

wg - are you sure that if the basket is underneath it gets in your way? I use a Lifestyle walker (not pink ) and I couldn't get by without the basket under the seat - I carry my lunch, catheters, etc in the basket and it's easy to take the basket out and load the walker in my car. A lot of the walkers now have a basket in the front or a bag under the seat and the basket in front definitely gets in the way and the bag under the seat is hard to get out to load in the car.
    T12 Incomplete - Walking with Crutches, Injured in Oct 2003