Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New TiLite Options for 2012

New TiLite Options for 2012

TiLite has quietly dropped the "Series 2" designation from the ZR, ZRA, and Aero Z, but it doesn't appear they are are keeping quiet about some other changes for 2012. While the most-recent edition of the "Eye on Ti" newsletter is usually reserved for those who on their their mailing list, the fact the January edition is already posted in the Eye on Ti archives may be an indication they want the word to get out.

http://www.tilite.com/emails/Jan_12/index.html

Highlights...

New Rear Wheel Options
    The Spinergy Wire Wheel has been replaced with a new standard spoke wheel called The Shadow...

They are also offering the Golz Twin Star Exchange wheel from Germany as a higher end wheel option. I wonder if it is any narrower than a Spinergy?

New Handrims
    Most of us already know about The Surge and the Surge LT, but I was surprised to discover another option known as the Q-Grip. The Q-Grip is coated with neoprene for more friction than plastic coated pushrims (and no, they are not getting them from PushBlax).

NCO Composite Wheel Locks
    New composite push-to-lock or pull-to-lock wheel locks replace the previous traditional push-to-lock design that was formerly the NCO.

Tattoos and Light Satin Finishes Available on Aluminum Models
    That's right, a new Aero Z can now look nearly identical to a titanium ZRA with a satin finish!

TiLite also decided to include "titanium grey" as a option on the order forms for their titanium models as well. I have no idea what their underlying rationale was, but I do find it kind of humorous.

Attachment 43364

Not only will it be possible to get an aluminum frame painted in "titanium grey" that would be nearly indistinguishable from its natural finish titanium counterpart, it creates the possibility of getting a titanium model painted to be almost indistinguishable in appearance from an aluminum model that has been painted to look like titanium!

Indeed, at TiLite, "Choice Matters"!
    Last edited by SCI_OTR; 01-06-2012 at 11:24 AM.

It's a shame they still don't offer a 4x1.5" or a 5x1.5" alluminum billet caster.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
    It's a shame they still don't offer a 4x1.5" or a 5x1.5" alluminum billet caster.
    From previous post, they said they were going to do so. But I check the order form in sportaid, still the same.
    Life is meaningles, though you create the purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI_OTR View Post
    They are also offering the Golz Twin Star Exchange wheel from Germany as a higher end wheel option. I wonder if it is any narrower than a Spinergy?

"!
    What do you mean with any narrower than Spinergy? this is the wheel but with a different hub.
    When we will see the new TR version?

Quote Originally Posted by totoL1 View Post
    What do you mean with any narrower than Spinergy? this is the wheel but with a different hub.
    When we will see the new TR version?
    I'm wondering if the strength of this particular spoke design allows them to use a narrower hub than a Spinergy. The fact that titanium axles are not an option suggests that they have a different bearing spacing than a Spinergy. If this is true, the wheel can be mounted closer since there would be more clearance between the spokes and the frame.

I saw those wheels in the newsletter the other day and was thinking damn those look nice...
    Most everything I say is

i wish they would have had that titanium gray color a couple months ago. i wanted a silver chair and even asked if they could keep it bare aluminum.
    c6 inc since 2-19-11
    ex pro-am motocross racer
    tilite aero z s2

I also seen the new wheels in the newsletter and liked them. I've been rollin the past 10 yrs on standard spoke type wheels and was thinking of changing to Spinergy's in the next couple of months but would consider the new style in a heartbeat. I see they still offer the polished finished for their titanium chairs. My TR has the polished finish and after 10 yrs it still looks good I think.
    SCI Birthday: April 25, 1993
    T4,5,6 Incomplete
    Chair: TiLite TR3

Thanks for posting this! I like the new standard wheels, which takes some of the pressure off me to get SPOX right away - and that cell phone pocket would sure come in handy.

I'm going to be ordering in the next couple of weeks, so I emailed Sportaid to see how soon they can get their order form changed. We'll see what they say.

Oo at the new wheel style. I wonder how it performs compared to the Spinergy SPOX/LX wheels.