Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: frog legs

frog legs

Anyone out there have issues with there frog legs, I love them but seems they either come loose or now I am having issues with them sticking and not turning easy??

Mine are ok a year out but im thinking of losing them because they are heavy.

illinois, and no, chicago is not anywhere near where i live
    Quote Originally Posted by redroc2 View Post
    Anyone out there have issues with there frog legs, I love them but seems they either come loose or now I am having issues with them sticking and not turning easy??
    unitne or suspension?
    I have to take my unitine off and clean hair and crap out of the wheel and caster swivel areas, but not near as often as I did with my stock TiLite casters(even the Tilite single sided fork pick up a lot of crap).

I had FrogLegs on my chair for a year and a half. I loved them when I bought them but I had to change bearings about every months and they kept coming loose. I'd have crazy caster flutter, and when I tightened enough so the flutter stopped, it'd be hard to turn. I'm really glad I took them off.
    Never Give Up!

I just ordered FL UniTines with 5" FLSR aluminum casters to exchange with my TiLite standard forks and 6" SR aluminum casters. My chair is approaching 1-1/2 yrs old. The TiLite casters are heavy (~@1.4lbs) so I kept the forks tight to minimize flutter; but then the fork bearings went bad (I took them out, cleaned, and lubed them, but it was too late - still delivered a choppy turn, and pulled to the side).

Most folks here say 6" is too big, so I thought I'd try FLSR 5s, which weigh about half what the TiLite 6s weigh. I'm hoping not to have to keep the fork bearings so tight - maybe they'll last longer.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

frog legs are going to send me a new pair hopefully they work better than these

Getting FL Unitines pretty soon. I hope there isn't a problem with flutter. I'd heard about flutter problems with the suspended forks I didn't know there could also be a problem with their non-suspended stuff. I have never had a flutter problem with my stock Tilite two-sided forks. They've run perfectly.

This is all interesting. I'd love to try frog legs but they're so expensive. If they're problamatic I probably shouldn't bother trying to save up for them...

how heavy are they? Any idea how much weight difference between standard forks?
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

Lin, I got them with my new chair, hoping they would help with my spasms, no dice. I am going to change to Untines which will make my chair lighter.

I have FL suspension forks for a little over two years now and I haven't had any issues with them.
    C5-6 Complete - 8/13/1982