Thread: Menox Hand Contol in minivan ?

Menox Hand Contol in minivan ?

please tell me if Menox could be used in a minivan. They seem pretty easy to use and i think I would also prefer them cuz they are used on the right side of the steering.
    Any suggestion on any other for a minivan?

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by futureDoctor View Post
    please tell me if Menox could be used in a minivan. They seem pretty easy to use and i think I would also prefer them cuz they are used on the right side of the steering.
    Any suggestion on any other for a minivan?

thanks
    Maybe I think it would depend where you need them relative to the dash.

As to other options there are several depending on your needs.

What are your goals other than right hand?

Something push pull, push twist, pull pull, mechanical or servo?
    Jim, MA, MMET
    Bridgewater, MA

Guido simplex has a nice hand control as well. I have both menox and guido simplex in my vehicles and prefer the Guido Simplex controls by far.

Quote Originally Posted by Automotive Innovations View Post
    Maybe I think it would depend where you need them relative to the dash.

As to other options there are several depending on your needs.

What are your goals other than right hand?

Something push pull, push twist, pull pull, mechanical or servo?

I think i just feel comfortable driving with left hand while having right close to steering...i dont have any particular goal , just want a better look and since menox is install next to gear-shifts , it looks more sporty. i know it ll be on minivan which isnt sporty but it still looks better.
    I think i would choose simple push pull ones. So , there is a possibility that these can be installed in a minivan , right?

what abt DVR (division of vocational rehab) , since they are modifying my vehicle , would they let me choose these ...or choose their choice one and have me pay lil extra to get my choice ones ?

Quote Originally Posted by 6GunCobra View Post
    Guido simplex has a nice hand control as well. I have both menox and guido simplex in my vehicles and prefer the Guido Simplex controls by far.
    oh nice , they look similar , whats their price range?

Quote Originally Posted by futureDoctor View Post
    I think i just feel comfortable driving with left hand while having right close to steering...i dont have any particular goal , just want a better look and since menox is install next to gear-shifts , it looks more sporty. i know it ll be on minivan which isnt sporty but it still looks better.
    I think i would choose simple push pull ones. So , there is a possibility that these can be installed in a minivan , right?

what abt DVR (division of vocational rehab) , since they are modifying my vehicle , would they let me choose these ...or choose their choice one and have me pay lil extra to get my choice ones ?
    You'll have to ask DVR.

I know up here you'd need to have a prescription specifying them to get VR to install them for you.

Up here there not going to install something you want because it looks better.

Are you getting a lowered floor mini van?
    Jim, MA, MMET
    Bridgewater, MA

Quote Originally Posted by Automotive Innovations View Post
    You'll have to ask DVR.

I know up here you'd need to have a prescription specifying them to get VR to install them for you.

Up here there not going to install something you want because it looks better.

Are you getting a lowered floor mini van?
    Don't mean to hijack this thread, but ...

Automotive Innovations,

Whats the word in the industry on the ability to use reduced effort steering in 2011/2012 Toyota Sienna? Last I checked, still a no-go.

Quote Originally Posted by CowboyCrip View Post
    Don't mean to hijack this thread, but ...

Automotive Innovations,

Whats the word in the industry on the ability to use reduced effort steering in 2011/2012 Toyota Sienna? Last I checked, still a no-go.
    As I understand it no one is doing it yet.

I've been way to busy to take one apart and come up with a way to do it. I'm sure with enough time I could get it worked out, although I see no easy way to come up with a back up system for it.

If I couldn't come up with a back up system I wouldn't do low or zero effort on one.

Why not get a Honda if you don't want a Dodge or Chrysler product?

Imho: The Honda Odyssey is the best lowered floor mini van currently available
    Jim, MA, MMET
    Bridgewater, MA