Thread: No more wasting time

No more wasting time

Im coming up on a year and a half since of ive been injured. Im a T-6 incomplete. I Need to know what my next steps should be to help help my healing process in terms of stem cells. I dont want to continue to wait and lose chances of making a full recovery. So far my legs still tingle really bad, I feel my bladder full and the urgency to go also with bowl. I feel deep sensation in my legs and my feet are really sensative to the touch, im also able to flex my lower back muscles and suck in my stomach and stick it out. I feel that i have so much that i feel like i should be doing something to boost my healing, and i feel the longer i keep waiting the more chances i lose in a full recovery. So im asking for advice on what to do and if any doctors needing patients for stem cell trials im willing to do. What stem cells r best to use? where should i get the procedure done? and how do i go to get this started.

Don't forget to spend some time in a standing frame (I think that's what it's called?) daily.
    "It's not the despair, I can handle the despair! It's the hope!" - John Cleese

Don't ask what clinical trials can do for you, ask what you can do for clinical trials. (Ox)
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Do you do any type of physio? In a clinic or at home?
    Do you use a muscle stimulator? Can you kick your legs?
    Do you exercise? If so, how often? What type of exercise do you do?
    Can you lay on the floor with your body flat to the ground?
    Can you stand up straight?

I trained with an athletics coach/kinesiologist for a year who is currently helping my friend achieve his goal of walking across France. My friend is also a complete para and is using arm canes and full leg braces to walk. As of last night, he has walked 390km of 1350km!! 1350 is the distance from the north to the south of France. Pease let me know. I'd be happy to help you

Quote Originally Posted by WILLIAM ZAYAS View Post
    Im coming up on a year and a half since of ive been injured. Im a T-6 incomplete. I Need to know what my next steps should be to help help my healing process in terms of stem cells. I dont want to continue to wait and lose chances of making a full recovery. So far my legs still tingle really bad, I feel my bladder full and the urgency to go also with bowl. I feel deep sensation in my legs and my feet are really sensative to the touch, im also able to flex my lower back muscles and suck in my stomach and stick it out. I feel that i have so much that i feel like i should be doing something to boost my healing, and i feel the longer i keep waiting the more chances i lose in a full recovery. So im asking for advice on what to do and if any doctors needing patients for stem cell trials im willing to do. What stem cells r best to use? where should i get the procedure done? and how do i go to get this started.
    Never Give Up!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by WILLIAM ZAYAS View Post
    theres nothing NOW. i've been waiting 22 yrs. i'm a 42 yr old walking incomplete. waiting on myelin therapy.

i cant tell you how important it is to stay active. use, work every muscle as much as you can. DO NOT stop working out, excercising even for a week, believe me its easy to lose your edge sometimes. take up yoga, meditation helps so much. tai chi is also great.

above all dont lose hope and dont fall for these stem cell scams.
    "I'm manic as hell-
    But I'm goin' strong-
    Left my meds on the sink again-
    My head will be racing by lunchtime"

<----Scott Weiland---->

Quote Originally Posted by ineedmyelin View Post
    theres nothing NOW. i've been waiting 22 yrs. i'm a 42 yr old walking incomplete. waiting on myelin therapy.

i cant tell you how important it is to stay active. use, work every muscle as much as you can. DO NOT stop working out, excercising even for a week, believe me its easy to lose your edge sometimes. take up yoga, meditation helps so much. tai chi is also great.

above all dont lose hope and dont fall for these stem cell scams.
    Some stem cell clinics a scams but some aren't. I know that Dr. Shrift in India is a safer choice. As far as I know, she is the only one who has published reports on her patients.

But you're right, don't stop exercising. I train 4 days a week at the gym for about 2 hours each day plus i spend a few hours a week on my legs. I also use a Compex Muscle Stimulator.
    Never Give Up!

Stay in shape and keep working out Will. Try to keep those muscles that you do have from atrophy. You have a lot of living to do and have to keep faith that one day science and medicine will crack this nut and we won't die in these damned chairs.

Quote Originally Posted by 6GunCobra View Post
    Stay in shape and keep working out Will. Try to keep those muscles that you do have from atrophy. You have a lot of living to do and have to keep faith that one day science and medicine will crack this nut and we won't die in these damned chairs.
    Nightstalkers never quit anyway. :-)

Anyone tracking Dr.Limas work in Portugal? Dr.Jean Paduzzi from wisconsin is collaborating with him to bring clinical trials to USA. looks like a well documented study.