Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a good water bottle for quad hands

Are the camelbacks easy to open with your mouth?

NL fitted my Camelback with a strap that allows me to hang the bottle off of my wheelchair. My chair is all black, you don't see it at all. I am a C6/7 complete quad and could, if pressed, unscrew the top (if it hasn't been tightened too much) and fill it from the water purifier tap in the kitchen.

All the best,
    GJ

Just saw your post asking if the Camelback is easy to open with your mouth. Answer: Not unless you have a mouth like Bowser (see below).

Depending on your ability, you can hook a thumb in the "handle" and unscrew the top if it hasn't been tightened too much)
    Last edited by gjnl; 01-02-2012 at 08:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ECUrach85 View Post
    Are the camelbacks easy to open with your mouth?
    The drinking spout on a Camelbak is pretty easy to rotate to the open position just by giving it a nudge or pull with your teeth. You can also add this hands free adapter to your bottle.

http://www.amazon.com/Camelbak-Bette...d_sim_sbs_sg_2

You might want to add this too as it will clip the tube to your clothing, keeping it within reach easily.

http://www.amazon.com/CamelBak-Camel...ef=pd_sim_sg_4
    Last edited by Eileen; 01-02-2012 at 05:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    The drinking spout on a Camelbak is pretty easy to rotate to the open position just by giving it a nudge or pull with your teeth.
    I think "ECUrach85" was originally asking about being able to fill the bottle by herself. See my post above.

All the best,
    GJ

Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    I think "ECUrach85" was originally asking about being able to fill the bottle by herself. See my post above.

All the best,
    GJ
    Oh well, extra info can't hurt!

I use the Camelbak and can open it pretty easily with my mouth by pulling the spout back with my front teeth. The loop is perfect for my thumb too. I only use it while sitting up though. I'm a c4/c5 quad.

Good luck and Happy New Year!

I thought you looked familiar! You were on my Verizon Homepage this morning!
    http://entertainment.verizon.com/new..._viewed&page=1

I really hope all your dreams come true!

http://www.tervis.com/
    I just got a tervis with a removeable handle for xmas, I really like it. You can get lids and straws too. I can get the lid off n on ok, it gets easier to get off n on as u use it. The 24oz cup fits under my Kuerig. Got it at Bed Bath n Beyond.

From a small cabin in the big woods of The Allegheny National Forest, PA
    I have been using insulated hydration packs for 6 years and tie them to my bed railings at night after filling them with ice. I added a longer tube to make it easier to drink at almost any back angle.

Need to watch plastic water bottles as most of them require a "squeeze" to get a decent drink. I have about a dozen I can not use because of quad hands.

Rubbermaid Chug Sport Bottle, 20 oz.
    Last edited by forestranger52; 01-03-2012 at 08:30 PM.
    C 5/6 Comp.
    No Tri's or hand function.

Far better it is to try mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure. Than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory or defeat.

Teddy Roosevelt

Hey ECUrach isn't funny all the things we will put in our mouths now, i use the brita water bottle i'm a c5/c6 quad doctors say i function at a c6 level i'm able to get my hands arond the bottle and one hand around the lid thing and unscrew it, sometimes i have to fight with it awhile, but i always get it