Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Portugal Treatments

Good luck SuperStar, I wish you the best
    Keep us informed...

-Bob

The information I have given is as specific as I can get. If the involved parties wish to provide more information, it is up to them.

Eric Harness,CSCS
    Project Walk

Chasin a dream..

Thanks everyone for the good luck, God knows I need it.

[This message was edited by Superstar on 04-25-03 at 10:52 PM.]

[This message was edited by Superstar on 04-25-03 at 10:55 PM.]

Originally posted by Snowman:

The information I have given is as specific as I can get. If the involved parties wish to provide more information, it is up to them.

Eric Harness,CSCS
    http://www.projectwalk.org

Eric, I fully understand the HIPPA implications (privacy issues). Please pass along our encouragement. And let them know we would be most grateful for any feedback on the procedure that they underwent and the recovery that they hopefully will realize over time.

Detective Larwatson....you make me giggle.

Originally posted by Superstar:

Detective Larwatson....you make me giggle.
    If I do nothing else this day . . . it has been a success.

Dear Eric Harness,

I am approximately 6 months post SCI and my injury is t-6 complete. My Neurosurgeon participated in the transplantation of porcine fetal spinal cord cells about 2 years ago and he told that I would never walk again without medical treatment. Since my SCI, I've purchased a FES bike, standing frame, and I swim at home with a physical therapist. Do you think I would qualify to participate at project walk? Eric what are personal goals with the two patients that returned from Portugal? Do you think these patients will be walking within a year or two? I am wondering if it would be worth traveling by car 2 - 3 hours to project walk or should I do my rehab at home?

Sincerely,
    Janet

Hi,

Any news on the two American Patients operated on by Dr. Lima? Has there been any type of recovery?

Sergio,

I have contacted one of the patients (in April) and she was told not to expect any return for at least 3 months (I met her while I was at Project Walk). She told me to call her end of June, first of July for an update. I will keep you posted.

Originally posted by Schmeky:

Sergio,

I have contacted one of the patients (in April) and she was told not to expect any return for at least 3 months (I met her while I was at Project Walk). She told me to call her end of June, first of July for an update. I will keep you posted.
    Thanks Schmeky.