Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The SCI Sisterhood

The SCI Sisterhood

Check out FacingDisability.com's newest guest blog post from Well Spouse. Well Spouse is a great online support organization for the "well" spouses of people with physical disabilities or chronic illnesses.

Also, do you think a spouse or partner should be a caregiver? Please share your thoughts here or on FacingDisability's Paralysis Forum.

There are many MALE caregivers too. This is not a role exclusive to women, or to even to spouses.

(KLD)

I'm getting a little annoyed at this poster just posting here to redirect towards other forums.....
    Last edited by zillazangel; 12-29-2011 at 04:05 PM.

This is currently under discussion.

Obieone
    ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
    Jane Siberry

I think this is good helpful information, another resource, glad it was posted here. Isnt that was CC is, a forum of information sharing?

Quote Originally Posted by SharonD View Post
    I think this is good helpful information, another resource, glad it was posted here. Isnt that was CC is, a forum of information sharing?
    It is relevant which is why it wasn't immediately removed as spam. However these people aren't actually posting content in CC or participating in any way. Just advertising their blog. Personally I wish they would stop, if I wanted to read their blog I would subscribe to it and I think it is in bad taste to advertise your site on someone else's. They have forums on their site, I wonder how they would react if we continually posted "Hey I know you have an caregiving forum but there is one at Care Cure with a lot of information, why don't you go over there"

what if we had a thread listing other forums, or it was under support groups, or something like that?

I dont think they should advertise the way they are doing, as to me it is just spam, but it is sci related, so allowing one mention, or bulletin like we do with mobile women should be ok, but where is the best place to put it?

We already have a forum for listing other related websites. She has posted there as well:

http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20

(KLD)

has she been asked not to post in other places? if so, and she keeps smattering other threads, maybe she should get the boot.

I read their rules.
    if we went there advertising our forum, we would get the boot.

they even have rules about punctuation, and proper sentence structure.
    they aren't playing by their own rules by posting here.