Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Pics/remarks of Icon?

I wouldn't have any qualms swapping out QR clamps, for both the front end and camber tubes. My bet is it was a cost decision to use standard clamps, to keep it as low as possible without compromising function.

The shock should come pre-charged to the specs on the order form, IMO, but if a shock pump is cheap and easy to find it would be nice to have one in the box. Not a deal breaker, but certainly a nice touch, (like a tool kit).

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

I see Jeff posted while I was typing...thanks for the info!

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

Off topic. Will Icon be at the Abilities Expo in Los Angeles at the end of March?
    Adaptive Sports Forums.com
    http://adaptivesportsforums.com
    Non-commercial adaptive sports user community

Nice, sure people will look at your wheels.
    But how the suspension is going to work with that fendered so near to the tires?

illinois, and no, chicago is not anywhere near where i live
    with going through shipping/air travel, i understand why the shock isn't pre-charged, for the same reason when you order new wheels with tires that aren't inflated. Won't do much good to inflate cylinder and have it blow out on a plane, that would be more of a hassle to replace it than inflating it when you get it.

illinois, and no, chicago is not anywhere near where i live
    Quote Originally Posted by totoL1 View Post
    Nice, sure people will look at your wheels.
    But how the suspension is going to work with that fendered so near to the tires?
    That why I commented on why it is probably not offered, a lot of trial and error to get it right, i have drilled a variety of holes for mounting with different wheels/tires. In the pics the suspension is "locked" in the down side of suspension travel. I don't plan on having it set for too much travel.

Quote Originally Posted by jschism View Post
    with going through shipping/air travel, i understand why the shock isn't pre-charged, for the same reason when you order new wheels with tires that aren't inflated. Won't do much good to inflate cylinder and have it blow out on a plane, that would be more of a hassle to replace it than inflating it when you get it.
    Nothing to do with shocks, but I can't remember receiving a set of wheels where the tires weren't inflated.

That's exactly right - this chair was shipped directly to him, and we were concerned that there was going to be a freight aircraft without a pressurized cabin, so we took the air out of the shock as a precaution.

Delivered from dealers, they'll be filled to the spec.

@stephen - tires/tubes are a lot more forgiving - they're made of rubber, and are a way bigger volume than the cylinder of the shock - might have been an overabundance of caution on my part.

@my395 - We will be at the Abilities show in LA.

After working with Icons' western sales rep, Mark Marrott, I have put together a shim package that is neccessary to fit your FreeWheel to an Icon. The footrest is different enough that the stock shim set that comes with every FreeWheel doesn't accomodate the Icon. So, I will send out the shim package to all that need it, just let me know.

Pat

Quote Originally Posted by JeffAdams View Post
    That's the correct way for those "extras" to be included, and this is one way that we're trying to push this industry to have a more consumer-service focused dealer network like it is in the bike/car/electronics/everyother industry.
    Well that's a great idea and while I hope it works out, I have a fear that it's just wishful thinking. If I choose to buy a bike/car/electronic I have multiple sources to choose from and if I don't like one then I can drive around the corner and go to another. I know of 4 bike shops within 5 miles of me and that isn't including the places like Wal-Mart where I could also purchase one.

With medical equipment and specifically certain equipment we don't have that option. Goes back to the issue I had when I wanted to see the Marvel and there was only 1 place in all of the Dallas-FT. Worth area that had a demo and that I could have ordered it from. So at that point if they would have actually had the chair sitting on tires with air in them and had not lost some of the parts to the chair and I would have absolutely loved it and wanted to purchase it, I would have been rewarding their lack of service because it was the only place around to make that purchase. If that is the dealer network you/we are to rely on then we are in trouble.

The only way your idea will work is if I have several choices to make my purchase from, so unless you are going to have multiple dealers in every location it isn't going to work like the bike/car/electronics industry does.
    Most everything I say is